New 350 gallon (8x3x2ft) setup with home made stand

I have a folding two step ladder that I use if I need to get into the bottom of the tank. I also have a set of plastic tongs that are mighty useful if something falls over and I need to pick it up quickly. It is one of these... the added height is well worth any slight inconvenience to reaching in the tank. More room for equipment below and the tank is at an easier viewing height..
EB4B7AB3-A148-4079-93B6-F1DDDB270505.png

I got a tank that has a 42” stand and 30” tall and I go back and forth each day if I should cut the stand down a little to make getting into the tank easier or if it is more important to have more room under the tank. I change my mind minute to minute

tagging along....i will need to build a stand soon. I have a 93 corner now with a home made stand and canopy. I am 6-4 and this thing is taller than me; cant stand it (pun intended). Thinking about a total height of ~58-60 inches for the new tank so I can access frags and topped over snails easily...Thats about armpit level :). Just need to see if my skimmer will fit...comfortably

Question, What kind of overflows do you have? Corner or rear wall?...and did you have any issue accessing the bulkheads underneath the stand to connect your plumbing?

That's a great tank. At the beginning of your post for the first bunch of pics of your stand I kept saying "I hope he's going to add more support, I hope he's going to add more support." You did.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back