New 90Gal. Setup

FishieBusiness

BRS Member
Hi Peeps,

The Wife was nice enough to buy me a new Deep Blue 90gal. Reef Ready tank for Christmas. So i will be upgrading form my broken 72gal. bow front. I would like to build my own sump/refugium so I'm looking for any and all input as to size of an adequate sump for a 90gal.

[Removed trade item - only paid members can post items for sale/trade]

Open to any and all comments (new member)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet present!

Depending on your stand and budget, a bigger sump gives more volume for the refugium. A 29g would work, or a 20g long if the stand interior height wouldn't work with the 29g. Ideally, a 30g long tank would be great since it has the volume without the height, but since it isn't a common tank size it's more expensive.

Sumps are super easy to do... and that's coming from someone totally non-builder-y.

30 long is a good size. I use a 20 long in my 72. The stand is going to be the same size as the 72 if it is a standard size 90 gallon. (Not sure deep blues dimensions). That gives me room for 2 BRS alk/cal jugs. And about 6-8” on the other side for electrical.

My ato is hidden in an adjacent cabinet so the 20 long under there does have some draw backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back