New Apex AOS update for classic

Reefer508

BRS Member
So I logged into Fusion today and it is saying there is an update for my Apex classic. Has anyone done this yet? I was wondering if I'm going to lose all my programing? I did a quick web search and if I read right, programing wont carry over.:eek: Not something I want to start now. Just want to know what I'm in for, a quick update or a day of reprograming everything. Any input is appreciated.

So I logged into Fusion today and it is saying there is an update for my Apex classic. Has anyone done this yet? I was wondering if I'm going to lose all my programing? I did a quick web search and if I read right, programing wont carry over.:eek: Not something I want to start now. Just want to know what I'm in for, a quick update or a day of reprograming everything. Any input is appreciated.

Me too been avoiding it until I see some feedback on the update. Saw on the Apex site someone was having issues after they updated

Do you back up your program before you update? I usually do about every 6 months just to make sure. It's easy. On the classic dashboard one can access it by typing (http://apex) do not type www. Than go to the configuration menu then go to load/save. On the bottom of the page you will see a section that says save Apex configuration with a button that says save configuration. Click the button then store it somewhere on your computer. It will be a .bin file. Now if something goes wrong with your Apex you can use the restore configuration system above the save button to restore your last Apex setup. It will save outlet configuration, profile configuration, probe names, display configuration, and your network configuration.

Note... if you have changed network configuration rather than typing http:// apex. You will need to type in the up address that's been assigned to the apex.

I did the update today it took about 3 minutes. No issues at all.

My apex is ALWAYS hardwired to router, no wireless bridge. The wireless bridge configuration is where many run into trouble.

Did update a couple days ago no issues and lost nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did my update this weekend. No issues. I did away with my wireless bridge a few months back when I started running into some connection problems. I was just going to replace an old unit but decided to drill holes and run cable, do away with that problem all together.

I have not update my Apex in 3 years (since I got it new). If all is working as always and I am not planning in adding anything new. Is there a need for the update ?

Thanks

Back