New... Have a question or two

Update I have tested my water and when i bought everything fpr my tanl the LFS i bought everything from said to add these packets that i bought and wait two to four weeks it has been three week and i got a test kit tonight and test my water. the results were 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 15-20 ppm nitrate is that good am i all set to add fish i am still going to put the piece f shrimp in for two hours to test by the way is that a raw or cooked piece from my supermarket? then i will go from there any thought comments suggestions advice or do's or dont's from here? thanks as always you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ryan

Well if you did the chemical version of the shrimp it sounds cycled.

I didn't use fish I ghost fed so I am not sure but I think raw shrimp.

Advice. Add the first fish slowly. This allows the bacteria colonies to grow to keep up with the bioload. It is tempting to go buy 5 fish at once but that may cause an ammonia spike/sick fish.

I would start with a clean up crew of hermits and snails with your first fish.

If you have rock in there all ready then good. If not get enough rock to make your "aquascaping". Live rock from
Members typically costs $1-$3/lbs. from fish stores $6-12/lbs. oh and add pictures so we can follow the build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I bought two fish and put them in there going to wait a while and see how things come along before adding anymore also want to get though a few WC.

Also I have had the light on a 12 hour cycle any thoughts on that?

Ill get some pictures up today

If you only have fish I'd cut the light down to 8 hours and just keep them on to your viewing times. It'll keep the algae down. When you get corals you can add more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are my two clowns in the tank with the dead rock it's a start. DIY stand with a curve 5 skimmer and avs-100 sump and a hand me down light from a kind person at sea creatures in North Providence.
1a2be6106842b530a7a0c989fea90fcc.jpg
3d72202a08e5debb019e3e734404541a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's been a while since my last post here but wanted to update it. And a thanks to everyone here for help and support. Just installed an apex classic with some very simple prog to start thanks to a good friend.
61c9eb5236e4ac2da8d201ec215880c0.jpg
c4aa5d52b2bbebb51ef616628b2c009c.jpg
6da5c32dfd94b119d30826087dbbbc77.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back