New Member- southeastern MA suggestions?

rrioux61710

Non-member
Looking for some suggestions on nice tropical fish stores in the area ! Will travel for highly recommended places !

Coral Reef aquarium in seekonk. Highly recommended.

Also heard they have best price on large Red Sea coral pro salt. I believe 54.99$ that's EXTREMELY cheap

Also +1 for underwater world. They all know there stuff and always happy to help. Good prices and healthy stuff.

In no particular order, and not that I like all listed, but... Underwater World, Animal Instincts, Aquastetics, Coral Reef Aquarium, Ocean State Aquatics, Fish Bowl. I personally would avoid Animal Instincts and Fish Bowl like the plague however. Underwater World is my go to, but Coral Reef is also super good and over the past few years has REALLY stepped things up with an extremely impressive and healthy coral selection, most of which is very reasonably priced to boot. If you're into palythoas and zoanthids, the member GSXR750 on here lives in Fall River and has a fantastic selection for cheap as well.

+1 for Coral Reef Aquarium
+1 for Underwater World
+1 for Ocean State Aquatics (however it is a bit far from somerset)

+1 for staying away from The Fish Bowl (last time I was there, a good portion of there live stock was dead)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to give these places a shot. I've been to some of them. I bought RODI from fish bowl once . I asked them if I tested it , what it would read on a TDS meter. The girl said it would be right on point and that they had just changed filters . On my way home I stopped at a hydroponics place , bought a TDS meter . Tested the RO and it read 60!!!! Never went back there again.

Have to give these places a shot. I've been to some of them. I bought RODI from fish bowl once . I asked them if I tested it , what it would read on a TDS meter. The girl said it would be right on point and that they had just changed filters . On my way home I stopped at a hydroponics place , bought a TDS meter . Tested the RO and it read 60!!!! Never went back there again.
What they didn't tell you is the reason they call it RO water there is literally because they don't have a DI on it. Lol. They're total scumbags there. They sell puppy mill puppies, and other mill small animals there; that's a red flag to explain everything.

Lol if the tds was 60 with new filters it sounds like they don't even use an RO, let alone DI. My RO comes out between 3 and 6 before it hits the DI.

Agreed . The one I went to was in Fall River . I need to buy an RODI machine. It would pay for itself in 3 months.

My tap is 72 here in Somerset too. If you get an RODI unit, I highly suggest Airwaterice. I have the mighty mite 50gpd and it was $90, plus a free TDS meter, and there's a BRS discount. I think I seriously paid $80 for everything including shipping lol. Check it out.

Jealous, my well water is over 200 and heavily laden with iron.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back