Apogee MQ-510 PAR Meter | Borrowing for BRS Members

Hi, just got my new setup running and would love to get on the North PAR Meter list.

Thanks,
Tom

I have the south shore par meter and want to move it along , where are all the south shore people at ?

The south (or west?) PAR meter is still here in Bedford if anyone is looking to test their lighting. Happy to hold on to it until it’s needed.

With all the insanity of lights and trying to figure out which light and par readings can you guys post your readings in a thread and why you need to do par readings. When it comes to lights most people (me included) have not a clue on all this par stuff. Hell i just bought expensive lights and it gets the job done. Lol. Would be interesting to read and help everyone learn. Ie. You lost me at par. Lol. Thanks all.

With all the insanity of lights and trying to figure out which light and par readings can you guys post your readings in a thread and why you need to do par readings. When it comes to lights most people (me included) have not a clue on all this par stuff. Hell i just bought expensive lights and it gets the job done. Lol. Would be interesting to read and help everyone learn. Ie. You lost me at par. Lol. Thanks all.
IMG-0946.jpg

Here is mine, reefbreeders photon v2 (Ch1:20 Ch2:20 Ch3:60 Ch4:40 Ch5:60 Ch6:60 )with 2 vipraspectra blackboxes with blues only on the ends.

Happy to see 150 par on the bottom glass through 30" of water, may continue ramping the 60% channels to 80% to get slightly higher PAR. One other thing I was happy to enumerate is the impact of the cross braces. Directly under them loses ~100 PAR.

West PAR meter is ready for the next member.

Here's mine. ATI 8 bulb running 5 Blue+, 1 Purple+, 1 Aquablue Special and 1 Coral+ roughly 10" above the water's surface. 48" ReefBrite as well, all readings with return and wavemakers on.
Par Readings.jpg

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back