~~ New raffle thread -- Share your morphs! ~~

LoveTheReef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I'm sure we all have had our share of awesome morphs happening in our tanks :)

Lets share em! We'll figure out a way to pick the winner later -- right now I just want to see some crazy morphs! :)

I'll start:

8624064459_d1e1fac4a7_z.jpg

8624062873_40c21d32d1_z.jpg

8625165838_f2c0865062_z.jpg

I have a zoa colony that was brown and now has a green star pattern through some of the polyps, I had been playing with various types of lighting for quite some time with my tank. It was accidental, but it happened.
Sorry for the picture quality, I will try and get a better shot.

Attachments

• Star polyps.jpg
    Star polyps.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 643
you have an amazing camera with some really nice specimens......
This second shot is the best I can get with the tools I have...haha

Attachments

• Polyp Morph.jpg
    Polyp Morph.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 613
lol thanks Adam! I can see the star pattern -- looks cool! True "green star polyps" ;) haha

To me it is wicked cool to see the corals morph within a colony. Of course, being a hobbyist myself, down side is that I can't get myself to sell some of these morphs as I want to see what they'll turn into.

Anyway! For this raffle we'll do something different. Instead of a "frag", you'll win a $25 gift certificate that you can use on any frags. This way you won't be limited to one frag -- you can use the value to purchase as many as 5 frags! (we almost always have a few $5 frags here and there).

Winner will be picked out a hat. I don't want to penalize people with smaller tanks so everyone that posts picture(s) will receive an entry -- i.e., even for multiple pics you'll still only get a single entry.

Thanks!

- Archit

Holy cow! They went from acans to zoanthids? Now that is a crazy morph!!!
Just kidding! I'm very jealous of all your photo skills.
I had some cool morphs before the tank crash can I post old pics?

Holy cow! They went from acans to zoanthids? Now that is a crazy morph!!!
Just kidding! I'm very jealous of all your photo skills.
I had some cool morphs before the tank crash can I post old pics?

hahahahaha oh man I can't stop laughing at that comment! :-D

You are more than welcome to post old pics. I'm just excited to see all the morphs :) -- present or past!

haha,the acans use to have teal blue on the outside of the reds.The zoa morph so much that if u see the original,you would call me a liar.I can't capture the true colors for nothing.Archit has some of the original,maybe he'll post a pic of it

Ok I'm bored and working so here goes, digging through tons of old pics on a phone stinks,
So sad all this stuff gone after all those years.
My weird morphs, this grew from a frag Olof Green Bay packers I got from atl, it was a single polyp mixed into a small group. I scooped it and it too years to grow out. No clue what it was
E492A604-433E-44EC-8228-3CC3D2B35A1E-460-0000002AFDB3260B.jpg

Bad pic but this was supposed to be Christmas favia turned to neon green and deep purple
59698EAB-43C2-400C-B376-396A3E5103E0-7079-00000429CFBBAEDC.jpg

Strangest morph of all! Half Labrador half bill mastiff lol
9AC16578-641D-4477-A698-506723E15802-7079-0000042A653A9F90.jpg

I'm not sure, I bought it without a name about 5 months ago. There were only about 3 polyps on the frag at the time. My friend and I were trying to think of a name for it, the greatest we could up with is "Monkey Fist of Fury" however, that's just silly. Maybe you guys can help think of a better name?

I will second the monkey fists of fury! Great old-school kung fu reference love it!

wow ... those are some sicckkk morphs!! Thanks guys! Maybe I'll come to you for a frag of them sometime in the near future! ;)

Back