New Reefer

Mccaff

Non-member
Had a 100 gallon tropheus colony setup ready to go, built a stand, started setting up an office in the basement. Then my son moved home for college and insisted on a reef. Came home one day and he has live rock in a 10 gal with shrimp and snails. Former experience told me to get a protein skimmer so I did. Then I realized how little I knew so I joined Boston reefers. My wife sees the confirm email and asks me if I’m smoking weed, I said no we’re doing a reef tank, that’s a reef forum.

So now I have a new 50 gallon acrylic tank ready for a reef, an empty 100 gallon acrylic in the garage keeping me from putting the car in there, and a wife that thinks I’m high - especially now that she knows what Boston Reefers really is!

Welcome! They say reefer isn't addictive, can neither confirm nor deny that... reefing is addictive! 100% confirmed!! Until you hit rock bottom and you're selling belongings for frags and designer clown fish... then this one time I woke up naked at a.... well never mind that.. anyways.. Welcome to the hobby!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club
We will help you get addicted to saltwater, invertebrates, fish and corals.
:D

[emoji23] Alex wth?!

Mccaff, I am a teacher and every time I tell my colleagues or students about where I find some sweet reef deals they all think the same thing your wife thought. I am always saying "I am a member of Boston Reefer's.... it is a salt water reef aquarium club"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club, I have issue with the name since day one, lol

thank you all! We are close to being up and running. Live rock curing, lighting installed, and plumbing almost done.

It is definitely addictive. Started with a 46 gal bowfront 5 mo ago, now almost done building a 120 gal reef tank. Good luck and BE PATIENT.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back