New sand new scape

Leadfootedracer

Non-member
Got the 60lbs of Tropic Eden Tonga Reef Flakes ontop of 1/2" or less of the fine stuff I had before.

Also, in doing this, developed a new scape I like better than before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452617408.191251.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1452617415.607126.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1452617423.857882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That aquascape looks great. I just redid mine, and went to to islands. Much petter for flow, and a member ch better look. I love it, and I think the fish do too.

Not sure how to properly photograph the tank with my iPhone. It looks blue, but infact, is a very bright white.

Not sure how to properly photograph the tank with my iPhone. It looks blue, but infact, is a very bright white.

One thing that I've found that helps is putting my iPhone right up to the glass before opening the camera app. That way when the camera "turns on" (for lack of a better term), it sees the right color. This usually works when taking photos in the tank. Not sure about backing away to get a broader shot....

One thing that I've found that helps is putting my iPhone right up to the glass before opening the camera app. That way when the camera "turns on" (for lack of a better term), it sees the right color. This usually works when taking photos in the tank. Not sure about backing away to get a broader shot....

Interesting. I will give that a shot. I'm probably going to borrow my dads DSLR and try that. I am waiting for a new bulb in the mail, and will be fooling around with the bulb configuration to get what I am after. Right now the tank is extremely bright white and not enough blue. Hope to have this sorted out soon

Gave that a shot and my phone had a seizure. Hahaha. The true actinic bulb will be here Wednesday. Hoping for better results then.

Looks great, very unique rock structure on the left there. I did a similar aquascape with the two islands on my 95. If I may give constructive advice though, that tonga branch is pretty close the front of glass it appears which may make cleaning the glass a pain, especially if corals eventually fill it.

Can't wait to see it fill in though! Nice job!

Looks great, very unique rock structure on the left there. I did a similar aquascape with the two islands on my 95. If I may give constructive advice though, that tonga branch is pretty close the front of glass it appears which may make cleaning the glass a pain, especially if corals eventually fill it.

Can't wait to see it fill in though! Nice job!

Thanks. Currently, my mag-float squeaks by no problem. I hear what your saying about once it's filled in, but we will cross that bridge when we get it it.

About blue shots. I don't know about iPhone but some androids can manually set the white balance. Look for this feature in your advanced settings. I'll look at my wife's tonight to see if it has it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453413001.288123.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1453413008.936390.jpg

I pulled the coralife actinic bulb back out, but in an ati actinic, and swapped a blue+ for a coral+

The lights are now coral+ actinic blue+ purple+ in that order front to back.

Also, found by blocking the light from the phone, it takes a better picture. Both pics are the same, but I've got a box leaning against the light ontop of the tank.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back