New Skimmer Pump Silly Question

CoralJunkie

John
BRS Member
I just hooked up a new replacement skimmer pump. Does it have to break in? I'm making slight adjustments since last night but I can't get a foam head to form.

There may be manufacturing residues or that sort of thing keeping the foam from forming, and it may just take more time to settle in. I would treat it like a new skimmer, set it cautiously (low) and let it run a few days before attempting to adjust it or get any foam out. If you get it producing foam now, most likely it will be madly overflowing in a day or three.

What kind of skimmer? When you say you can't get foam, is it pumping water? Do you get any foam?
It's making a ton of micro bubbles but no foam is traveling up the neck and into the cup. Only the pump is new the skimmer body is what ive been using so i wasn't sure if the pump required a break in period.

It's making a ton of micro bubbles but no foam is traveling up the neck and into the cup. Only the pump is new the skimmer body is what ive been using so i wasn't sure if the pump required a break in period.
Make sure that the air line isn't restricted. Make sure that the impeller wheel is installed right.

If everything is correct, then it is probably break in.

Back