New tank Build 80 gallon rimless

Today, running out of space and need to get the frag tank running a bit better.

1587341498196.png

Love the build @MikeG, I'm working on one currently tied into another 57 DT. Stand came out awesome and I may even steal you light rack idea. Thanks.

Time to move to basement sump.

I will be moving the current under tank sump which is a 40 breeder and put on the stand next to the Rubbermaid stock tank. Basement sump is filling and mixing with salt water. All that is left is to remove the sump under the tank, drill through the floor and do the final plumbing connection from the display through the floor.

1593888506709.png

Basement sump is running, need to clean up electrical and have not plumbed in the frag tank but will get pictures. Went fairly smooth

I am running a Blueline 70 HD. Turned out to be way overkill for me. I am pumping up one floor, prabably about 14 feet to the tank upstairs. Vertical run is about 15 feet.

I am feeding the display as well as my frag tank and all my reactors/ UV. Pump is throttled down about half way and I have a lline with a ball valve that just dumps back into the sump so I dont have to throttle it down more.

I could have gone to the next size down but honestly also like having the ability to add on a couple more tanks and have adequate flow to them, may expand for more frag tanks soon.

Still need to clean up all the wiring a lot more but here is how frag tank is plumbed in and you can see the line right next to it with the ball valve going back into sump

sump.JPG

Any new updates?
Had a calcium reactor malfunction over the summer, seal on cover started leaking so was pouring effluent into tank. All went from about 8 to 14 in a short time. Lost most everything and then algae took over. Been limping along but may have new plans coming soon…

Looking good. Great work on the stand. That’s where I’m overthinking my build lol.

I can’t wait to start mine I been holding back for over a year now lol

Had a calcium reactor malfunction over the summer, seal on cover started leaking so was pouring effluent into tank. All went from about 8 to 14 in a short time. Lost most everything and then algae took over. Been limping along but may have new plans coming soon…
Damn, sorry for your losses

Looking good. Great work on the stand. That’s where I’m overthinking my build lol.

I can’t wait to start mine I been holding back for over a year now lol
Just need to jump into it. My stand was ordered today for my new build, going extruded aluminum this time and will wrap that. Much more involved but should be much better than the wood stands I have done and hopefully this will be my long term tank. The 80 gallons is slowing being taken apart and gleaned and will be my staging! Quarantine system. Being way more careful this time and putting in effort up front that will hopefully help down the line

Attachments

• aquarium stand.png
    aquarium stand.png
    311.5 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back