New tank Build 80 gallon rimless

MikeG

Non-member
Been out of the hobby for a few years, and we just moved to a new house this summer figured it is a good time to start up a new tank. This tank is going to be a peninsula set up and will be a room divide between our living room and dining room. It is an open concept floorplan and this stick out 4 feet in a 12 foot wide opening between the two rooms.

I was trying to build the stand to match the paneling on the wall in our dining room and it came out ok, it is a pretty good match. The biggest difficulty was getting the panels which are all removable to fit nicely inside the holes that were cut in the frame, this turned out to be much more difficult than I planned but cam out good enough.

The biggest difficulty was getting the panels which are all removable to fit nicely inside the holes that were cut in the frame, this turned out to be much more difficult than I planned but cam out good enough.

Isn't that always the case! It looks good. I'd like to see a close up of how they fit in if you think of it some time.

very nice. I really like the dimension of this tank. easy for maintenance.
Cant wait to see the tank is filled with full of livestocks

I love those deep blue shallow tanks! How are you going to hang the lights ? Wires/ floating hood/canopy? Light brackets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love those deep blue shallow tanks! How are you going to hang the lights ? Wires/ floating hood/canopy? Light brackets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3/4" conduit attached to the end of the tank that will be against the wall. I am going to paint this black and suspend the lights from it. Here is a pic without anything painted or the wires attached to the rail. In one of the previous pics you can see the hole in the ledge of the tank that the conduit goes through and then it is anchored into 2x4s that make the top and bottom of the stand.

Baffles are in the sump and almost done with plumbing. I will be using a 5 galloon tank that is on the small stand for top off. Using every inch of space available.

Using all black PVC and fittings in the overflow so it is less obvious

And here is a closer pic of the brace for the light rail and how it goes through the stand

And lastly someone asked about my comment on fit of panels, here is the worst fitting one followed by the second worst. The bes fit is not pictured and is the one you see when you walk into the house

I love the look of that tank! The stand is sleek and I love the shallowness of that tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back