New tank. Installing plumbing.

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
Using a combo of some new parts and some of the previous owners plumbing. Anyone see any major issues? I have always had AIO tanks so i dont have any experience with this.

Attachments

• 5632C5D9-DD28-46A2-AA3E-3AF117F2DF1F.jpeg
    5632C5D9-DD28-46A2-AA3E-3AF117F2DF1F.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 694EF61C-1FC6-43F7-8CB2-47751F6948C3.jpeg
    694EF61C-1FC6-43F7-8CB2-47751F6948C3.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 201
Thinking the fuge will have to be where the filter sock is. I think the other side will have too much flow

Why would the other side have too much flow when you have a valve on each side that you can tune where the flow will be?
It's actually the opposite of what you want. You want the fuge on the other side without the sock. All that dirty dirty will benefit the macros you're trying to grow. You want the skimmer on the side with the baffle(left) after the sock. The skimmer output will have a lot of micro bubbles. The baffles will help clear them before going into the return.
I guarantee you if you place the skimmer on the right side with the way the sump is, you'll get millions of bubbles in the display.

Agreed with above sentiments skimmer on left fuge on right... I would also suggest looking into a herbie (preferred) or at least a durso because as it's set up it's probably going to be very loud... You can use the second hole in the overflow for the herbie to make it super quiet...

Thanks for the info. Could you explain the herbie? Really excited to get this set up.

Seems like herbie eliminated alot of risk. I am going to run the return line up the back. Thanks for all the help.

The durso will work fine on that deep blue tank especially with the strainer on there, I wouldn't worry about it clogging. You could run the herbie as well but it'll be a lot cleaner without a return up over the back glass unless your drilling a return.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back