New to BRS, 26g bowfront FOWLR

jfoahs04

Non-member
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and while I'm not necessarily new to marine aquariums (I had a 20g FOWLR over a decade ago while I was in high school), I'm still a relative beginner.

I have a 2 month old 26gallon bowfront tank with 40lbs of live rock, a Marineland 200 HOB filter, and a Marineland maxijet 400 powerhead.

I have a pair of Ocellaris Clowns, a CuC of blue leg hermits and nassarius snails, and a skunk cleaner shrimp. I'll post pics soon.

If I had my way I'd be in head first with a 75-90g reef with sump, fuge, high end lighting, etc. But I have two young children and a skeptical girlfriend who I'm gradually trying to ease into the hobby. Obviously I'd like to upgrade filtration, add a skimmer, etc. but I've got to take baby steps. As far as livestock goes, I'm not looking to add much more in this tank. Maybe a gramma and a goby, but I want the bioload to be light given my setup. Anyway, I'm in the Fall River area (Assonet) and looking forward to participating.

Hi and welcome to BRS! I think it's a good thing that you are starting small. Once you have some experience, the upgrades will come. Feel free to ask any questions!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Back