New to saltwater. Part 2. Bought and modified a cracked 525XL

mind

Non-member
Hi all,

I first posted in the Introductions section in Dec 2016, but was not able to get a tank until recently when I picked up a cracked Red Sea 525XL.

I have removed the Red Sea metric plumbing (because the drain is 1 inch and the return is under 1/2 inch where it does a 90 degree turn before going into the tank!!!! I posted how I did it in the DIY section. Link here.

I live in Wakefield, and will be at tomorrow's Fragtastic show (look for the bald 45 year old wandering about with an English accent if you want to say hi). I would love to meet local people and chat about sump design/layout/filtering/etc, since after designing the stand, that is my next design step. Target is a SPS dominated tank.

-Richard

Richard,

I look forward to meeting you! Glad you were able to get a tank. Is it up and running now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look forward to meeting you! Glad you were able to get a tank. Is it up and running now?

Oh heck no..... I work full time and have an app business on the side + family. As and when I get time, I will be designing the stand in CAD, then I will purchase and assemble it. Likely I will use 80/20 extruded aluminium sections.

Then likely wait till Black Friday/Cyber Monday to purchase the hardware.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back