Non-member
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
Hey everyone. I'm new to the saltwater tank ownership side of things. Currently have a few freshwater setups but looking to make the jump to a saltwater tank also. What does everyone recommend for a first tank. Here's a couple pics of my 60 gallon setup.

I am new as well. I researched a lot of tanks as well as buying used. I can tell you that from my research I chose Red Sea for many reasons and so far I have not been disappointed. I have been having great success with my fish as well as my corals. Of course a lot of this has to do with being very diligent in watching my water parameters and testing often. Since I am new I go overboard with testing 3 to 4 times a week as I don't want anything to go unchecked.

With Red Sea they have many options from All In One to other setups that are more customizable where you choose your equipment. If you are doing fish only you could get the tank / stand / sump and get some cheap lights. If you want to do corals you could get the deluxe that comes with AI Hydra 26HD lights. If you want it all in one setup you can get the Max series that comes with tank, built in rear sump, protein skimmer, and lighting.

There are other options you can go with that are not Red Sea. I am just stating what I chose after all of my research which took me about a month of reading and talking to people. Take your time with what you choose.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back