New to the hobby

luciencote101

Non-member
I started to build a 75 gallon bookcase reef tank but as I was starting I found a great deal on a 155 bow-front with stand no canopy but plan on building one for a later date. The deal on the tank was to good to pass on. I have also built a 40 BR sump with a curve 5 skimmer and am picking up a Jebao dts 12000 return pump. I also have a finnex 500 watt heater in the sump. I will have twp maxspect gyre xf230 power heads. I have 3 AI 26 on HD lights and as of right now about 100 pounds of rock and 120 pounds of live sand. I have all new plumbing installed but I still have to put the skimmer on a stand to achieve correct water level. Once I return from Dubai I will change out the return pump that’s in there circulating water. This is all new to me so wish me luck
3a3c8c75de150a45b8b2bf21b4f57bcd.jpg
effebc57fa21463b16fc27c0fca91f40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My granddaughter love finding Nemo and finding Dory so it will be a Nemo tank for her plus some corals and maybe a few things for myself as well

Also I have another set up that is still cycling and that is going to eventually be a sea horse tank. This was part of a package of equipment I picked up from a gentleman in Maine that was leaving the hobby. This unit has an SC 302 skimmer and a Rio 1100 return pump with a 10 gallon sump. Low flow for those guys. Just a couple of dry rocks for looks and a soft fake coral tree. This picture was right after I filled it with water so it is a little cloudy.
99e0452c5d1a207c498d0b7f687da204.jpg

Also I have another set up that is still cycling and that is going to eventually be a sea horse tank. This was part of a package of equipment I picked up from a gentleman in Maine that was leaving the hobby. This unit has an SC 302 skimmer and a Rio 1100 return pump with a 10 gallon sump. Low flow for those guys. Just a couple of dry rocks for looks and a soft fake coral tree. This picture was right after I filled it with water so it is a little cloudy.
99e0452c5d1a207c498d0b7f687da204.jpg

How many gallons is that tank?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back