Newbie help?

Reefgrl1990

Non-member
So i was at a venders house trying to get a gift for my boyfriend and i ran into a strange situation. The guy took the coral i purchased and prepared it with a bath of some kind. When i asked what he was doing i got a strange and vague reply. It made me suspicious enough to look up the bottle he was using. Why in the hec would he be bathing corals in an insecticide. My boyfriend doesn’t even let me clean near tank cause of chemical contaminants. Is this normal to do? And what’s the purpose of this? Is it to stop algae growth like he said?

It's funny how when we first start the hobby it's drilled into us how delicate the reef system is, but once we are in it we use things like superglue, insecticide and epoxy without blinking. It all depends on what the chemicals are.

It's funny how when we first start the hobby it's drilled into us how delicate the reef system is, but once we are in it we use things like superglue, insecticide and epoxy without blinking. It all depends on what the chemicals are.
Lol yea I particularly enjoy that area of robustness

I use it as a dip as well. I make a solution that is opaque, dip for 10 minutes swirling every minute or so, then 2 quick rinses.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back