Nick's 345G Build

Good luck catching them up, hope it is uneventful. I would love a pair of those! My current tanks are too crowded at this time with rock and corals to take these on, or I would have asked what you are looking to get for them. Never kept that species but admired them big time.

It’s war and I will win.
A4A7303D-3A47-419A-914D-A71FF1CF1B0B.jpeg

I almost beheaded the guy twice. But the ninja escaped just in time the guillotine dropped.
91C28B16-72FD-427A-A1EE-AE8B4D547D0F.jpeg

The Gem and Purple tang are easy preys.
32BB64FE-D873-49C0-8DC7-D53D8C4BD4CD.jpeg

Woke up today and found the other jawfish conveniently dug and under the brain coral. I quickly grabbed a plastic container and jammed it under the sand with the jawfish. This war is over. They’re now in my other tank. Not sure what I want to do with them yet. They’re beautiful fish. Maybe I set up a 20L tank for them.
C643B0B6-0B9F-4707-84C2-F61346A8B75C.jpeg

A5A21C48-CE2D-4A5C-B30B-3F02D6ECC088.jpeg

you know what they say... happy wife, happy life!
go for it nick :p. the next fishing trip will be to your house!!!

Woke up today and found the other jawfish conveniently dug and under the brain coral. I quickly grabbed a plastic container and jammed it under the sand with the jawfish. This war is over. They’re now in my other tank. Not sure what I want to do with them yet. They’re beautiful fish. Maybe I set up a 20L tank for them.

nice catch. I hate catching fish in the DT, especially dudes that hide under the sand. For a species tank, an XH tank would be better suited so you can observe their hovering behaviour, whereas a shallow tank won’t be as conducive. Beautiful fish - makes me want to set up a species tank for some Jawfish again.

I don’t add anything. Just water changes. IO Salt and water is relatively cheap compare to the headache of selecting which supplement to add.

Last update for 2020.
Overall, it has been a good year for this new build despite of all that was happening. Let's hope for a better 2021.
Just before Christmas, I added another Whitetail Bristletooth Tang, a Magnificent, and a pair of Blue Spot Jawfish. All is well. As the year ended, I can proudly say that I haven't killed any tang in this build. I've lost a few Anthias and Chromis but that was about it.
Here to 2021!
_Z7D8363-2.jpg

_Z7D8366.jpg

_Z7D8369.jpg

_Z7D8372.jpg

_Z7D8379.jpg

_Z7D8401.jpg

_Z7D8359.jpg
How do you get such clear photos? I'm blown away by them!

Clean the tank and clean the glass and put on my make up. It’s like a photoshoot prep.

Seriously though, in addition to the above, most blurry photos are from shooting at an angle, not fast enough shutterspeed to freeze the swimming fish motion, not fast enough shutterspeed to stop handshake or just simply too much coffee handshake.

And more importantly, photography is my other hobby. :)

But most importantly, don’t post up blurry pictures.

Last edited:
Clean the tank and clean the glass and put on my make up. It’s like a photoshoot prep.

Seriously though, in addition to the above, most blurry photos are from shooting at an angle, not fast enough shutterspeed to freeze the swimming fish motion, not fast enough shutterspeed to stop handshake or just simply too much coffee handshake.

And more importantly, photography is my other hobby. :)

But most importantly, don’t post up blurry pictures.
Do you adjust the light in your tank for photographing? I’m still working on taking better pictures.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back