Nick's Miracle Build

Thanks folks.
Not tank related and still no video lol. But here's what we did over the weekend. Trying to beautify the space a bit. My plan is to get the tiling done then trim, and then I can skin the tank stand and build a canopy.
IMG_7878.JPG

Capture1.JPG

IMG_7879.JPG

Floor is mostly done. Starting the cabinets around the tank now.

Rough fitting of my cuts. I like how it looks. I think I will just tape it all up and call it done. :D
Going to Rocklers to find some inlay door hinges.
IMG_8013.JPG

IMG_8012(1).JPG

Yes.
I'll frame a small wall to go all the way to the ceiling and add an access door fo I can get to the overflow when needed. The canopy will also be framed. I have an idea of what to do. Just have to do it.

Gotcha ,
saw the opening behind the tank and thought that was your access but can't have too many specially with a big tank.
Good job on the floor ( my profession for 23 years)

I salute you on your profession. Looks easy but it's not. Quite laborious and lots of planning so that it comes out with even pattern.

The access door behind the tank has a sump sitting in front of it lol. I can reach the overflow but if I want to get close to it, I would have to stand in the sump tank. Kinda stupid if you ask me but there's always a compromise in something else if I move the sump.

I salute you on your profession. Looks easy but it's not. Quite laborious and lots of planning so that it comes out with even pattern.
Jaja your right at my old house i decide to do my firts floor job in my kitchen when i was donne had a horrible pattern and was so uneven .gags bigger in one side then others crocked lines etc
But anyways i sold that house for about $80k profict so i was proud anyways of my work .
Maybe the new owner took it out and had professionals doit

Some more wood working stuff.
The doors(panels) are made from A1 White Maple plywood. The frame is made from White Maple 1x3.

My first try at edge banding the plywood looks like $hit. Lol
IMG_8014.JPG

Second try and trimming the excess edge band is lot better.
IMG_8015.JPG

This picture shows the plywood before and after edge banding.
IMG_8019.JPG

Awesome stuff. How many fish do you have? 324?

As of today.
-3 Redsea Regal Angelfish
-2 Interrupta Angelfish
-2 Onyx Clownfish
-5 Yellow Tangs
-1 Redsea Sailfin Tang
-1 Whitetail Bristletooth Tang
-1 Powder Blue Tang
-1 Powder Brown Tang
-1 Purple Tang
-1 Magnificent Foxface
-1 Bipartitus Leopard Wrasse
-5 Blue/Green Chromis
-4 Blue Reef Chromis
-8 Lyrestail Anthias(2 males and 6 females with eggs)
-1 Royal Gramma
-1 Sunburst Anthias

I love all the fish equally. For example, the regal angelfish are very very nice so isn't the Interrupta. The Powder Brown colorful contrast is stunning but the Powder blue is also stunning. The 5 yellow tangs add a lot of life and color to the tank. The anthias and chromis are what make a reef tank looks like a natural reef. Leopard wrasse has its own personally. etc. etc. etc.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back