Nikon D3400 / Canon Rebel T6

gurumasta

Senior Moron
These are lower budget DSLR cameras and I am wondering if they will get the job done or not. If I purchased a macro lens would I be able to take nice photos?

These are more in my price range and I have a white belt in photography. Is this a buy once cry once situation and I should shy away from these cameras?

Thanks!

I have a T5 and love it. With a Macro lens and a waterproof lens box it shoots fantastic underwater pictures. Both the Nikon and the Canon will do what you are looking for with a quality lens selection. I happen to always shoot a Canon, so I have a nice lens collection already and just upgrade bodies every couple years

I have a T5 and love it. With a Macro lens and a waterproof lens box it shoots fantastic underwater pictures. Both the Nikon and the Canon will do what you are looking for with a quality lens selection. I happen to always shoot a Canon, so I have a nice lens collection already and just upgrade bodies every couple years

Good info thanks for the reply!

Love that avatar too couple of my favorite things crammed into one photo...

Good lens and post processing software will make the picture. Not the camera.

What post processing software do you recommend that is easy to use for a beginner? Is photoshop still the go to?

Do some of these cameras come with there own software?

Good lens and post processing software will make the picture. Not the camera.
This. I bought a used 3ti body for ~$200, and spent another $200 on second hand "kit" lenses. I was hooked.
I have no issues with the camera it self, but I do find myself wanting to buy some nicer lenses.

I use Adobe Lightroom for editing.

I bounce back and forth between Lightroom and Photoshop. I still use PS more than anything, which is probably overkill.

What post processing software do you recommend that is easy to use for a beginner? Is photoshop still the go to?

Do some of these cameras come with there own software?
Nikon comes with Nikon view and sometime Capture. Both are good enough if you didn’t screwed up on picture really bad.
Photoshop is still the way to go but it can be an overkill for 99% of the people.
Adobe Lightroom is a more suitable for everyday pictures.

This is great info I appreciate it all of you!

So you guys bought Lightroom for $150? That is a cost I should be anticipating as well?

Find an older copy for 99$ or less.
I use their subscription of 99$ per year for PS and Lightroom. And honestly, I highly doubt I use it to its full potential. I can do all I need in my older copy of PS CS4. So don’t overpay for what you think you need. A lot of the features are mostly the same or take a little more time to achieve with the older features.

Back