NO membership card since March

Send Shawn a PM (shunter is his BRS name). I think they have been having trouble with people "falling through the cracks", but after you PM him, he will get on the stick and take care of you.

shunter,

After many attempts to get my card I gave up, and as I previously posted I was satisfied with just the membership part getting straightened out, but I got a PM from you for my address and a card would be sent out promptly, that was a month or two back, still no card. If I ever do get a card my membership will expire and I will get to do it all over.

Jim

Jim checking back on my records, we mailed your card out... sorry if you didn't get it... but it was mailed with no return here... we will try again..

Jim - I know your card went out. I PMd you the address to which it was sent. Can you verify that it is correct? We are trying to get all the membership issues straightened out. Thanks for your patience.

It sure sounds like it got sent, don't know why I did not receive it. The address on the PM is correct.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim - I just dropped another card in the mail today right from the Post Office. Can you let me know if/when you get it? Thanks

I didn't get my card either, and I'm a paid member as well. Any reason why?
Could you pm me this info
1. Real name
2. Username
3. Address
4. Single or Family
5. When you signed up
6. Where you signed up
7. If paypal, the email addy used

Thanks,

I have no doubt it was sent as you reported, no idea why I didn't get it but just got my new one.

Thanks,

Jim

We paid for our membership online last week, the next day we received a PM from Shawn asking for some info, address, etc, and 2 days later we got our cards in the mail. :eek:

I have no idea how these two get things done so quickly, with 3 kids and jobs, but somehow everything they have taken on here on the BRS, they get done ASAP. ;)

Thanks guys.:)

Thanks for the kind words Gina! We can only get stuff done because they are good kids.

If anyone joins or renews online - please feel free to send a PM with your info. It will help to expedite getting your card out.

I joined BRS a couple of years back. Got a card in the mail, and no future contact whatsoever. No notices, no emails, no contact,no renewal notice, nothing. I guess if they didn't care about me, then so be it. I use to run one of the original aquarium societies in the US, frankly I'm disappointed in BRS. The BRS really needs to clean up their act, it's not all about collecting dues and nothing else. The "card" is not the end-all to end all. In addition, I wish there was a branch in NH with NH members. There is no way we can attend any meetings in the Boston or Mass area.

I joined BRS a couple of years back. Got a card in the mail, and no future contact whatsoever. No notices, no emails, no contact,no renewal notice, nothing. I guess if they didn't care about me, then so be it. I use to run one of the original aquarium societies in the US, frankly I'm disappointed in BRS. The BRS really needs to clean up their act, it's not all about collecting dues and nothing else. The "card" is not the end-all to end all. In addition, I wish there was a branch in NH with NH members. There is no way we can attend any meetings in the Boston or Mass area.

Well we are constantly working on many issues and trying bring new things to the group. Perhaps if you take a longer look around you can see for yourself what the BRS has to offer. We have members from Connecticut to Maine. We cannot hold meeting from one end of that spectrum to the other. We basically have three regional areas where we hold meetings north, south and metro west. However there is usually at least one meeting in or right next to NH (Andover area). We will actually be holding a meeting further north to bring a new dynamic to the group (detail will be posted soon)

We bring in Speakers from all over the world, top names too, 90% are what you will find if you attend MACNA. We do water testing, DIY meetings, photo contests(cash prizes), Frag swaps Members Auctions. At the meetings we have been doing beginner topics before the main speakers. We hold raffles at every meeting. And you do get a membership card that will get you into top name speaker meetings for no charge and some of the sponsors will give you a discount for being a member. We also provide this online forum which has been a great learning center for many many people members as well as guests. We have a fairly large library and a light meter to check to see how your lights are performing.

Also this summer we have a road trip planned in August to meet with 2 other reef groups from Connecticut and New York at the Atlantis Aquarium. There will be a frag swap/cookout and tour of the Aquarium.

There are more things to list but I think this plays out a fair picture of what the BRS had to offer. I am not saying there is no room for improvement there is always room for everyone to improve.

>Got a card in the mail, and no future contact whatsoever. No notices, no emails, no contact,no renewal notice, nothing. <

You likely joined before we a bit more automated. We've sent out a number of mass emailing in the past few years, several in the past few months to alert members to event occuring in many places around the area. You might need to make sure your email contact information is still correct. Also, all of the information for upcoming meetings and events is always posted in the Reef Talk section of the forum. That information is updated regularly as meetings get closer and venues/speakers are firmed up.

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58988

Last summer we had a very nice cookout/party in NH.

The VP gave you a pretty good list of the benefits of BRS membership, more details about the benefits of BRS membership are here:

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49878

A bit off topic but I paid up at the last meeting and the little logo box hasn't come up under my name. How long does this take?

Back