Nori???

JMRegan

Jason and Michelle
I have a yellow tang I received that is malnourished and I am feeding it seaweed on a clip to supplement the regular feeding. Jay had suggested that I can find this at a supermarket and the first one I went to had no idea what I was talking about. Could Jay or someone point me towards the chain that would carry this. I would like to grab some for my tang today.

its usually right near the seafood counter, alot of times it is referred to as sushi seaweed. all the shaws around me carry it.

Yea i like getting the dried seaweed from any pet store. Don't have to worry about it expiring and my yellow tang loves it. Cost like $8 for 24 sheets

Nori is WAY WAY less expensive at a hannaford...and it's food grade, because they wrap sushi in it.

That tang was scary thin....I told them to leave nori in 24/7 to get it fattened up.

Thanks everyone i will go out and get it tonight. I have had it in there 24/7 since then:) The only time my tang is not eating it is when I cant get my stubborn long spine urchin off of the thing. It can eat a sheet by itself and sits there for a day straight doing it!!!

Another source

There is an asian market in the plaza in Westboro where the theater is located off of Route 9. ( there is also an Unos's there)
They have 10+ different kinds of Nori.

Thanks everyone i will go out and get it tonight. I have had it in there 24/7 since then:) The only time my tang is not eating it is when I cant get my stubborn long spine urchin off of the thing. It can eat a sheet by itself and sits there for a day straight doing it!!!

if you hang your nori clip with monofilament line from your center brace, the urchin will have a harder time with eating the sheet.

I got a stack of Nori almost the size of a sheet of paper and honestly about 2.5 inches thick....It must be about 200+ sheets...for about $4 at Shaws supermarket. Let me know if you can't find any and I can mail you some.

After you pick some up locally try noridirect.com. There prices can't be beat for the amount you get and the shipping is really fast! I believe it's the grade b bulk pack like $10 for 100 7x8" sheets.

After you pick some up locally try noridirect.com. There prices can't be beat for the amount you get and the shipping is really fast! I believe it's the grade b bulk pack like $10 for 100 7x8" sheets.

lol i thought nori direct was a joke for a second i had to look. its real

Back