North Shore MA reefers...

Nothing new yet... He is not in a huge rush he admitted this will be more like a huge hobby than a business as he doesn't need to make much money since his doggy daycare is where he makes all the money.

My guess is it may not happen. I did some research It has been over a year since they announced the store.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So there is a new reef store opening up in Ipswich MA (I'm screwed) called Fins & Corals Aquatics in the next few weeks they're just waiting on some final sign offs from the town but I was thinking of asking the owner if he would be interested in doing a small informal get together. He stated his hours will be more European and something like 3pm-7 or 8 at night during the weekdays and possibly later on the weekends.

I just met the owner today as he was kind enough to let me grab some RO/DI in a pinch and the store should be plenty big for a little informal get together. He also is interested in joining the BRS at some point since there aren't many options for LFS on the north shore.

If interested post in here and I'll approach the owner about it...

I'm in for a visit or meet up for sure. Please keep us posted and thanks for sharing...

I’ve been to the location a month or so ago and they looked close. Now the website is down. Any info?

I've been meaning to text him about RO/DI. I'll send him a text and ask for an update saying people in the club are itching to get in...

I just saw this thread for the first time and got so excited, then read to the end and got so disappointed. Tell him we’re all waiting!

I spoke to the owner a few days ago and he's been having problems with the town over reptiles he wants to keep. He said the town is letting him do some soft openings on the weekends. I was going to see if he would be willing to host a bunch of us from the club this Sat night. Please post if you'd be interested so I can see if he'd be willing to host us for a bit.

Saturday is the meeting for us.... would be a tough sell to go from the meeting to the north shore

Spoke to the owner a few days ago and he had some problems with his doggy daycare management and had to postpone opening again. I plan on reaching back out to him over the next few weeks.

Spoke to the owner a few days ago and he had some problems with his doggy daycare management and had to postpone opening again. I plan on reaching back out to him over the next few weeks.
I think we have seen this movie before. I have low expectations of an actual opening.

Thanx for the update. They’ve done a wholelotta work and seem to have spent a few dollars building that place out. I hope they open soon.

I think we have seen this movie before. I have low expectations of an actual opening.

The owner did flat out admit to me that he's not in it to make money on the store as he owns a very successful doggy daycare just down the road. He basically told me it's a glorified fish viewing room for himself that is outside of his house :-D

Don't know if this rumor is true but I heard he can't get a license with the town of Ipswitch. Had to do with the toxicity of corals, and him selling them.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back