North Shore MA reefers...

He told me he was having issues with the license due to him originally wanting to sell reptiles which he has told me he will no longer sell them due to the issues...

Reached out to the owner yesterday and he said he just ordered the last of the equipment he needs and fingers crossed should be opening in about 2 weeks. He said he'll only be open on the weekends at first. I told him I'd harrass him in 2 weeks if I haven't heard anything from him by then...

There is a store I've seen it and been in it to get some RO/DI water when I was in a jam... It'll really happen there's graphics and condensation on thw windows

I have to waiting for this place to open. I know he said it would be open more then a year ago. Just wish he would update his Facebook page about whats going on.

So there is a new reef store opening up in Ipswich MA (I'm screwed) called Fins & Corals Aquatics in the next few weeks they're just waiting on some final sign offs from the town but I was thinking of asking the owner if he would be interested in doing a small informal get together. He stated his hours will be more European and something like 3pm-7 or 8 at night during the weekdays and possibly later on the weekends.

I just met the owner today as he was kind enough to let me grab some RO/DI in a pinch and the store should be plenty big for a little informal get together. He also is interested in joining the BRS at some point since there aren't many options for LFS on the north shore.

If interested post in here and I'll approach the owner about it...
Sounds excellent

I have to waiting for this place to open. I know he said it would be open more then a year ago. Just wish he would update his Facebook page about whats going on.

I live in Ipswich and see it multiple times a day so it's way worse for me I'm sure o_O

Someone told me the other day he wasn’t opening because the town ask if he was selling poisonous corals and mentioned something about palytoxins and the town would not sign off on it. At least that’s what the guy at petco is telling everyone

He was having issues as he wanted to sell snakes and some of them may have been "poisonous" and he got push back from the town on that issue so he axed having snakes...

Spoke to the owner and he's getting close. He confirmed he'll only be open on the weekends to start. He's still having issues with the town and working for the town I can only imagine...

That being said he did want to throw out what people would be looking for so he can plan accordingly. So feel free to throw out what you'd like to see in an ideal LFS...

Red Sea salt! every time I order from online I swear ups/fedex Play ace Ventura with my package and the buckets takes a beating.

A local version of marine collectors. Quarantined fish.

I'll let him know that... Seeing how he will initially only be open on weekends I would think QT'ing fish would be nice and easy. I will also mention dipping/treating corals...

Red Sea salt! every time I order from online I swear ups/fedex Play ace Ventura with my package and the buckets takes a beating.

If memory serves me correctly he is a Red Sea dealer but I'll have to double check with him on that...

My memory did serve me right... He's a moderator on the Red Sea forums so he is a Red Sea store!

I spoke to the owner today and he says the town is looking to let him open around August 1st. I'll keep everyone updated if he's going to do a small little informal get together as the store is interested in becoming a sponsor as well...

I spoke to the owner today and he says the town is looking to let him open around August 1st. I'll keep everyone updated if he's going to do a small little informal get together as the store is interested in becoming a sponsor as well...

yea they told me that to can’t wait for them to open

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back