Ann. November 17th Meeting, Taunton MA with Speaker Angel Lee from Reef Junkeez

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members (family friendly environment):)

The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be on: Saturday, November 17th, noon to 4:00pm with Angel Lee @CrazyHorseLady from Reef Junkeez LLC.

The location is: Taunton VFW 82 Ingell St. Taunton, MA 02780

Angel will be discussing her role and current state of the Local Fish Store in our area

Meeting schedule:
**All topics and times subject to change at any time**
Meeting schedule: Noon - 4pm
12:00-12:30 Meet & Greet / Membership Registration
12:30-1:00 Q&A if interest (Psst! Old school reefers, civic duty calls!)
1:00-2:00 Speaker presentation
2:00-3:00 Food, raffle
3:00-4:00 on Fragswap mayhem/socializing/Fish Goo/meeting cleanup

For anyone interested in setting up a frag tank, please reach out to any BOD Member.

We have Fish Goo for the meeting!
Click the Link HERE to sign up for Fish Goo and find out what is about!

Also this meeting there will be an official BRS Grow out! Frags will be supplied by @Countryreefer
This meeting's grow out will be Bam Bam zoanthids! Thank you Jeremy!

Click the Link HERE to go and sign up!

There will be many great raffle prizes offered up to support the club by our sponsors and members. Items will be posted as we get closer to the meeting date. Donations to the raffle are accepted an appreciated!

**AS USUAL, THERE WILL BE A KIDS ACTIVITY TABLE**

It is that time to think about your engagement with the club. Active members may run for the BOD and some officer positions. Some positions require a year service on the BOD before running. Please read the club by-laws and constitution if you are considering running for any office. Express your interest in the BRS Business forum.

Last edited:
Wow, a meeting when I'm not working, is close by and I can actually attend. I would not be able to set up a frag tank for the meeting, but anyone looking for frags would be welcome to hop over to my place after. I just did some major re-aquascaping, so I have plenty. It's been a while since I had club people over.

Wow, a meeting when I'm not working, is close by and I can actually attend. I would not be able to set up a frag tank for the meeting, but anyone looking for frags would be welcome to hop over to my place after. I just did some major re-aquascaping, so I have plenty. It's been a while since I had club people over.
Perfect timing for me as well. I would be interested! I wanna see that sunroom and sump room!

Sounds like we have a post meeting hang out. Post some pics of frags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do. I have to stop at Underwater World in Taunton this weekend to get some frag plugs. I ran out!

Frags
20181103_151225.jpg

Holy smokes Batman!

Most colonies are between $30 and $40. There are exceptions both cheaper and more expensive. When there is a meeting, people usually just stop by and pick and choose. I have sold stuff before on here the usual way via pvt message, but not when a group is coming over after.

Here is an item for the raffle table!

2a22f73186f10d0aaf3645b628edb879.jpg

More raffle items to be posted soon.

We will have a couple heads of hammers from Arsalan’s post in the raffle.

I will also be donating a frag of something from my post that doesn’t sell.

Lastly and most importantly
We will have @frank180reef setting up a frag tank for people to buy. Check out his thread here to reserve some goodies.
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums...gances-torches-and-other-fun-euphylia.162536/

BRS will also have a tank with the corals from @Arsalan and @Bendint posts. We recently took down a 12 year old system for an old bod member and contributed to the club. He has graciously donated half of the proceeds to the club. http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/home-grown-branching-hammers.162575/ there are also mushrooms and palys from that tank that will be photographed and added to that thread.

See you all Saturday!

Tim

For those who aren't local to the Taunton area. Greg owner of Underwater World inside Taunton mall is running the Boston Marathon for the Dana-Farber charity. Hes raffling off a brand new Redsea 350 Deluxe in black. Tickets are $20 EA 250 Entries max and winner will be drawn live on Facebook. All proceeds goes to his $13,000 charity pledge prior to running his race. So if you have time after the meeting his store is located 10 mins from the VFW venue. Pop in and enter the raffle for a good cause.

Meeting today!!!

I look forward to seeing you at the meeting! I am going to throw in a paly frag in the auction too!

Thank you everyone for coming out! The meeting had a lot of moving parts from the fish goo, raffle, Frag tables, free swag table, and of course my son. Thank you all for helping me keep him entertained and corralled!

Thank you @CrazyHorseLady Angel Lee and Roberto Santos for speaking about running a LFS in the time of the internet.

Thank you @frank180reef for setting up an awesome selection of frags.

Next meeting is December 8th at the Framingham Elks for the elections, yankee swap, free catered food, bake off, and reef chatting!

If you are thinking about helping the club out and running for a position on the BOD let us know in the BRS business forums. We can always use more help at the meetings and planning next year’s auction and frag show!

See you all in December!

Last edited:
Had a good time today - thanks to everyone who helped put all the pieces together.

Is the next meeting really on Wed 12/12?

Had a good time today - thanks to everyone who helped put all the pieces together.

Is the next meeting really on Wed 12/12?

Yeah 12/8 ... like I said... *editing earlier post now!*

I thought a Wed meeting would be odd. Stupid autocorrect will get you every time ;)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back