Ann. November Meeting Fish Goo Sign up thread

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
Well it's been a few months since we've done a batch so let's start another :).

Another meeting means another opportunity for making some fish goo and a great time to grab another bag or two if you're running low :)

Join us November 17th for our fun filled meeting! Grow out, Fish Good and guest speaker Angel Lee on the state of the Local Fish Store.

Our last batch tasted fantastic ;), so I'm hoping we can make another great mix.

Here's a list I copied from the last batch. Please feel free to add anything that is not listed and try avoiding cooked items. Raw or frozen raw items are best to work with.

Clams -------------------------------------------------------- Ares Angel
Fish
Shrimp
Scallops -------------------------------------------------------
Mussels
Selcon --------------------------------------------------------Still have plenty
Vitamin C -----------------------------------------------------Still have plenty
Reef Vitamin and Mineral Supplement
Garlic ----------------------------------------------------------Still have penty
Basic Liquid Filter Feeder Food
Dried Plankton supplement ----------------------------------Still have plenty
Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs
Nori ----------------------------------------------------------Still have plenty
Mysis Shrimp
Rotifers
Frozen Brine Shrimp
cyclopeeze
Tobiko -----------------------------------------------------
Squid
Dry phytoplankton -------------------------------------------Still have plenty
Reefroids----------------------------------------------------- AresAngel

For those that don't know, we take all the ingredients and blend them all up in a food processor. Those that contributed get to take home a bag of goodness for their fish and get to watch me, jamesdong009, or bendint do a quality control test by tasting the batch.
Members are welcomed to join in the tasting ;)

Some ingredients are harder to find or aren't commonly used, so feel free to put your name down for items that we have plenty of or are already covered.

Last edited:
We have gotten tuna, haddock, snapper before. @AlbertG got it before and went to the fish counter and asked for scraps. Got them much cheaper than the fish case.

As for how much, depends on how many people sign up. It tends to be the base of the goo. So a pound or two I think goes a long way. Last time Albert got 3-5 pounds and we had enough for everyone to get 2 bags I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm grabbing shrimp or squid or something. Just gotta see what's available Sat.

Sounds good.

So Becky on shrimp then?

I see that I am listed as a non-member. I have a membership card from the November meeting last year. Hopefully someone can help me sort this out at the meeting on Saturday.

I can bring scallops. Can someone tell me what would be a proper quantity?

I am not entirely sure an appropriate amount. I would say get what you are comfortable getting. I know some of these shellfish or fish can run 12/lbs. a pound is good, more if you want more. Up to you that is what makes Fishgoo an experience. Each time the recipe is different and it tastes different!

Ok will do, how much should I bring? 1 gallon freezer bag full? Also what time should I be there

A freezer bag would be plenty

Meeting is from 12-4 (12-3 if the crowd disperses early)

Fish goo is after the speaker so around 2-3. Speaker goes on at 1.

I will be there 12 to hang out and talk reefing. So when ever works for you and what ever you want out of the meeting is good for you.

Yep. It takes about 20 minutes to blend and mix everything together, taste test, then bagging and clean up another 10.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back