Nuvo 20 sps build

Cheddah93

Well known member
So plan is on this tank to be sps dominant, gonna be a challenge because of size but willing to try it considering a bigger tank isn’t in the picture right now. Still gathering equipment and starting this thread as a place holder and maybe give a place to throw some ideas around on a change in equipment. Hope on starting this tank cycling mid october.

Equipment:
Radion xr30w g4 pro
mp10wqd (may add a second if needed)
Icecap k1 nano skimmer
Im nano reactor(for gfo/carbon)
Jaebo 4 head WiFi doser (might switch to dos later if I add an apex system)
Tunze nano ato

For filtration biologically I plan on ~15lbs of dry rock to leave room for sps growth. I’ll have filter floss holders on each overflow to the back chamber with marine pure bio gems underneath that for added surface area for bacteria to make up for the lack of rock and being bare bottom.

I’ve never really been a fan of bare bottom but was planning on giving it a go with this tank due to it being sps dominant and being able to achieve flow ratings that I’d like. Also hoping going bare bottom will help with stability in the tank as that’s going to be a big factor in the success of a nano.

if anyone has suggestions I’m always open ears, gonna be my first attempt at keeping a sps dominant nano.

Attachments

• 450D5536-770D-48AF-BA74-4D40E64C8662.jpeg
    450D5536-770D-48AF-BA74-4D40E64C8662.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 400
And the tanks wet! Just getting the salt in and setting up the radion schedule and gonna let it cycle. Now comes the hard part waiting to put stuff in hah!
7b4f6e807ab28de080879fd2fc067e62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back