October PAR crazy meeting Saturday Oct 27th!!!

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
The BRS is proud to bring in Marc Levenson. Marc has made many monthly appearances for the BRS and is always a hit. He will be doing a presentation titled "Measuring PAR - Why every hobbyist should own a PAR meter"

6c919b718cd32a74bbea1d4603304d90

A little background on Marc (who is meleev on the forums) who has been in the hobby for since 1998. Marc runs melevsreef.com which is there to help hobbyists everywhere. His site started off as a single page many years ago, then grew to include additional topics of interest such as acrylic work, photography, solutions to pests, information about his reef tanks, lighting, feeding, critter ID and more. Podcasts, videos, product reviews and articles provide answers to many of the questions raised by hobbyists worldwide.

Tentative schedule for the meeting (this schedule may change, check back to this thread for updates as we get closer to the day of the meeting):

12 pm - 1 pm - Meet and greet/membership registration

1 pm - 2pm - Marc Levenson presentation

2:15 pm - - Food

2:15 pm - 4 pm - Fragswap mayhem/socializing/meeting cleanup AKA fun stuff :D

Reminder: we try our best to keep the meeting on time, but there are a lot of things that are out of our control, so the times are subject to change, do not take these times as gospel please. Check back to this thread for updates as we get closer to the day of the meeting.

So again the details are as followed...

Where:
Taunton VFW Post 611
82 Ingell St Unit 4
Taunton MA 02780

Directions

When: Saturday Octobe 27th 2012
Time: 12 PM - 4 PM

Last edited:
Man, this is just in time. The light meters have been bouncing around to multiple members over the past few weeks. Lots of questions have been posed and now we can get some answers to all those questions.

I cannot speak for everyone else, but I know I have been wondering about PAR and different things that could make it fluctuate.

Excellent, I can probably go to this one. Will he be bringing the cake? Flame Angel, I will send you my info. for the light meter. Maybe I can pick-up or drop-off at the meeting.

YAY I can proply make this one !! Need to do 1 in New Bedford lol. Said food is it a potluck ?? Love to cook lol.

IM IN!!!
By the way I have been to a few meetings with Marc as the speaker and he is always great, might not want to miss this one guys!
And if anyone wants to bring food, HINT HINT, Ryukin_Girl, I am more than happy to eat some of it ;)

I''m in, hopefully I can actually enjoy it. LOL I think Mark should also talk about how to get the best black light effects, in the outside Halloween set up. Hey the meeting is the 27th of October. LOL

Man I wish I could make weekend meetings in general and meet everyone. But my wife and live apart during the week and our weekends are important.

Sweeeeet.
Deff going! I'll bring some goodies for the fish goo for sure. Been meaning to get some for awhile now.

Nobody else has posted in the fish goo thread yet? Lame lol. We need more supplies!
I wanna make a big ole batch to bring home! I'm already down for shrimp and scallop.
Regardless, gonna be a great meeting and some good goo!

These foods are awesome by the way... I won some at last month's raffle and my fish love them :-D

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back