Contest Official Bam Bam Growout Contest Thread

aresangel

Tim- 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
Officer
Here is my photo to go with my 10 count from earlier this week
. Bottom right of the green Nem.

I will get a close up before the end of February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LKarge

BRS Member
@a1enos, sorry to hear that your pistol shrimp messed with your entry. You were doing great and I hope that your entry recover and continues grovwing.

I started with 9 and I now have 19-20. In my December post I still had 9. In In late January I had 5-6 more (took pics but did not post). So far in February, I have additional 5-6 more.
@CKarge , Claire started with 2 and is 4-5. Claire's entry keeps getting knocked off. Glue it several times. If it's not against the rules, I'm going to try gluing Claire's to a fresh frag mount.

Attachments

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef IG/GreatBeardedReef
Staff member
BRS Member
Officer
@LKarge, it shouldn't be an issue as mine blew around my tank for a like a week or so before I found them again and mounted to a non living snail.

LKarge

BRS Member
I started with 9. I counted a few days ago and had 19 large-med polyps, 6-7 small and looked like 1-2 more babies sprouting. I'll take a final count tonight and post the count and pictures this evening.

Claire's is still at 4, looking healthy and we will still have fun growing it out more.

LKarge

BRS Member
My final count is 27-28. Breakdown is 19 polyps, 6 babies and 3 just sprouting. Some are hard to see so I have included several pictures, some showing the babies and sprouts circled.
LKarge_P2565GrowOut-topdown.JPG

Attachments

LKarge

BRS Member
teatimecrumpet. I don't really have any secrets. The Bam Bams were grown in my frag tank setup; a 40 gallon long tank with a 40 gallon sump below. I do regular water changes. I have an older AI Sol and T5's, a hang on protein skimmer on the sump and low circulation pump in each tank. Other than that I do feed or dose with Reef Roids and Kent products like Microvert, PhytoPlex and Coral-Vite. Hope that helps.

Lee

Upcoming Events

Sunday September 22, 2019
Fragtastic Show
12 to 4 pm
Leominster Eagles
456 Litchfield Street
Leominster, MA

Sponsors

Unique Aquaria
Mofo Corals
Acro Garden