Contest Official Bam Bam Growout Contest Thread

Get those initial posts in everyone! Deadline is tomorrow for first post. Thread is now pinned at the top of reef talk. So you can find it easy to post your updates!

For those on Tapatalk you will have to go into reef talk forum and scroll up to see pinned tabs.

Happy growing everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far we have the following people in the grow out

@a1enos starting with 5
@SeventyTimes7 starting with 1
@aresangel starting with 6

I will extend the first photo entries until the end of Sunday so it is more exciting of a race!

75g tank. Dipped in Revive.

I have 6 polyps - 2 are still not opening.
IMG_20181201_203654.jpg

I am starting with 9 polyps. About half of them have open before however, mine also feel off while handling it. Reglued and will sent additional picture when some or all open back up.

Attachments

• LKarge-StartingPic-9Polyps.jpg
    LKarge-StartingPic-9Polyps.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 264
Claire's entry starting picture that has 2 polyps. Claire is a paid member, wanted to join the fun and did signup at the last meeting. I am posting Claire's for her because Claire's account 'CKarge' status is non-member.
Thanks for extending the first photo entries for this Sunday.

Attachments

• CKarge-StartingPic-2Polyps.jpg
    CKarge-StartingPic-2Polyps.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 288
All,

Been sick for over a week now fever that wouldn't quit.

Just getting to this now. So took mine about 4 days to open (5 polyps total) (not sure why as my other zoas in tank are fine) but shortly after opening something got to the plug and sawed it into 3 pieces two two"s and a single (I found them in tank and re mounted them (kinda wish it was that easy every time). I took pics but am guessing it disqualifies me.

Better luck next time.

Attachments

• 20181203_150358.jpg
    20181203_150358.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 20181203_150407.jpg
    20181203_150407.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 292
  • 20181203_150420.jpg
    20181203_150420.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 295
All,

Been sick for over a week now fever that wouldn't quit.

Just getting to this now. So took mine about 4 days to open (5 polyps total) (not sure why as my other zoas in tank are fine) but shortly after opening something got to the plug and sawed it into 3 pieces two two"s and a single (I found them in tank and re mounted them (kinda wish it was that easy every time). I took pics but am guessing it disqualifies me.

Better luck next time.

You are good. Choose one now as your entry and go with the Two starting number.

No switching and you are good to participate.!

Thanks Ares/All,

150420.jpg is the candidate. (2)

Floated for temp for an hour, Dipped in Coral RX originally, 12 min,

In a 20 gallon long, RODI sourced, on a frag rack about 4 inches from the light (Current USA Orbit Marine LED 24"), CPR HOB refuge stuffed with Cheato, 100w heater, 2 clowns (divider separated) 1 conch (divider separated), 1 Pencil Urchin (divider separated), two well fed Atlantic Good Harbor beach hermit crabs from this past summer, 2 happily footed Nems.

Sharing the frag rack/tank:
1 Duncan, the other bam bams, 1 rasta small colony, 1 GSP frag, 1 fire and ice frag, 1 sunny d frag, the zoa frag I picked up in the raffle not sure what it is yet, some aiptasia lol, plenty of xenia, 2-3 Kenya tree frags, A bunch of Nuke Green Palys

Temp 78.2
Salinity 1.025
Last water change was 2 weeks ago (morning of the Taunton meet. it's about due. will run numbers at that time.

Let me know what else is required and thanks again.

Welp, after mine blowing off the plug and circulating around the tank I've located them. Glued to a snail shell and secured to some rock. Looks to me like I have 4 somewhat opened polyps.

Attachments

• Bam Bams.jpg
    Bam Bams.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 280
Welp, after mine blowing off the plug and circulating around the tank I've located them. Glued to a snail shell and secured to some rock. Looks to me like I have 4 somewhat opened polyps.

Nice luck! I can never find mine when the go rouge.

Interesting thought though.... glue them on a live snail! [emoji848]

Im dong my update now before I forget since the holidays are coming soon. I don’t know if this is normal, but I have seen some nice growth in my zoas. I have about 3-4 new heads that have started to grow and open. So went from 5 to 8 or 9.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 240
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back