Official BRS MACNA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
>HEY!!! Let's do it again in 2006!! {ducks & hides}<

Where's that bomb exploding icon/animated smiley!

I was able to get up there yesterday to see the exhibits. I guess in my head I thought it to be much larger but nonetheless I thought it was pretty cool. It was interesting to see a lot of the new products out there. Man that Deltec skimmer is HUGE!!! I was also impressed by the Aquamedic tank(and it's contents:D ) I too had to touch it to see if it was real.

Maybe the Hyatt will get some good ideas from this event and help out that system they have in the upsairs lobby

Greg we saw you giving an interview with WB56 news and they didn't even air it. What a ripoff!!:(

While there my GF wanted to go to the aquarium so we stopped by. In their reef tank that they have(the one on the bottom level when you walk in the main entrance all the way to the far right) they had these 'white' zoas. I don't know if it's just the lighting in that tank or what but these things were soooo cool. I have never seen that color morph before. They were almost bright white with just a light pink hue. I MUST HAVE THEM!!! Okay whose got the aquarium connects? I know somebody knows somebody:p

Hi Everyone -
I am just loggin on for the first time in 5 days . .. Thanks for all of the kind words and I am very glad that you all had a good time.

I, too, would like to thank all of the volunteers - without your help I don't know what I would have done, or how we would have pulled this off. I owe you all - BIG TIME!.
But please don't feel bad for me - I had a blast. Although I didn't get to any speaker sessions and I didn't really get much exhibit time, I met every single attendee at the conference - EVERYONE bought raffle tickets and I met every one of them (almost). Either Karl or I stood at that register and greeted so many people.
Also, I had the terrific opportunity to have dinner with Helmut Debelius on Saturday evening, and Charlie Veron on Sunday. It doesn't get any better than that.

Just as an aside - due to family committments, Mark Rogers was unable to use a portion of his ticket. Knowing how precious the dinner tickets were, he left his badge with me in case anyone needed it. Not ten minutes later Julian Sprung (yes THE Julian Sprung) came up to me and asked if there were any extra tickets to the banquet. It seems that two gentlemen flew in from Japan that morning and didn't have tickets to the dinner. They approached Julian and we used Mark's dinner tickets. So Mark, Julian said he owes you one. How cool is that . .. . .

It is that type of cooperation that I saw throughout the whole conference. People sharing and laughing and listening. What an experience.

Thank you all - Bette (the P-touch Queen), SherryQ (thanks for taking twp days off work WITHOUT PAY to help!) Gerri, Joanne, Jess, Shawna, Karl, Ed, Doug, Paul, Scuba Dave, Jennifer, Dennis, and many more. There were a few moments when you all saw me at my worst (I got a little frazzled when the register didn't work at first - and when the fire alarm went off and we had to grab the cash drawer and the tickets and leave).

I am not in any hurry to do this again, but I feel that we did the best we could to make this a success.

Thanks again,
Paula

That was SOOOOO awesome! Thanks to everyone who make it possible. I learned a ton, I got to know some really great people even better, and I made a lot of new friends. What more could you ask for?? Thanks again to all of the volunteers who made it happen.

Daire

>I have never seen that color morph before. They were almost bright white with just a light pink hue. I MUST HAVE THEM!!! Okay whose got the aquarium connects? I know somebody knows somebody<

The pink ones I have originated from that tank. If you need them let me know.

I only was able to make it to Sunday but I was really impressed. What a great job everyone did. Conrgadulations to all the movers and shakers who made it happen!!!

Mr Slippery - what you saw was 4 times as many vendors as typical come to MACNA. Last year all of the vendors were in a room about the size of one of the speaker session rooms.

I was disappointed to hear that greg ended up on the cutting room floor, too bad, he said some great things.

I got home from work at 8:30 tonight. I just finished reading THAT thread on RC. Some people can really swing the context of a post! Great job everybody that was involved. I thought the show was awesome. We had a very good time. We only planed on going Sat but went back for more on Sun. Congrats to all you raffle winners! Those tanks looked awesome. I picked up a few nice scores myself...thanks Moe for pointing out the light deal. One thing I'm a little upset about, Tulio gave Debbie and Yaktop a free moonlight as an early wedding present. I thought Deb was marrying me? Ed we need to talk....PM would probably be best in this case. Well, the moonlight IS over my tank so I guess I'll let it go. By the way, there is a new Hey One Eye story, it involves me, in the restroom, at the urinal, doing what we do at urinals and an unnamed RC member who thought it an appropriate time to call out Hey one eye. I had to wonder which one he was talking to.

Scott
I love your new avatar, it?s so appropriate after seeing (drinking with) you at MACNA:D
Oh and where is Joe?:rolleyes:

One Eye said:
I got home from work at 8:30 tonight. I just finished reading THAT thread on RC. Some people can really swing the context of a post! Great job everybody that was involved. I thought the show was awesome. We had a very good time. We only planed on going Sat but went back for more on Sun. Congrats to all you raffle winners! Those tanks looked awesome. I picked up a few nice scores myself...thanks Moe for pointing out the light deal. One thing I'm a little upset about, Tulio gave Debbie and Yaktop a free moonlight as an early wedding present. I thought Deb was marrying me? Ed we need to talk....PM would probably be best in this case. Well, the moonlight IS over my tank so I guess I'll let it go. By the way, there is a new Hey One Eye story, it involves me, in the restroom, at the urinal, doing what we do at urinals and an unnamed RC member who thought it an appropriate time to call out Hey one eye. I had to wonder which one he was talking to.
I had my wallet in my hand with the money for that light deal and I hesitated because I thought someone might strangle me if I went home with that too. I was a little relieved when you grabbed it. That wasn't a deal, it was practically steeling from the guy. nice grab.

Dave, it was a little outside bar between the Aquarium and the Marriott.

A bunch of us had difficulty leaving it to take the boat back to the Hyatt after the
cruise on Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back