Official BRS MACNA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was spontaneous - not pre-planned at all. We actually missed the boat back
and had to hire a water taxi.

Joe has left the building! :)

I've got a complaint to file with my parents...apparently my Irish heritage only works for beer and whiskey and there I was drinking gin and tequila all night... ;-)

Lets just say that I have only the vaguest recollection of the time period between the Tiki Bar, the Hyatt bathroom, and the couch in Karl's room at the Embassy Suites.

To all who enjoyed the merriment and suffered the consequences, I salute (and thank) you! :)

That bar was awesome... REAL sized drinks..and not too expensive. To boot, I got to be sandwiched between a willowhawk and a valexia while drinking. What a great time....there and at the hotel bar later...and later...and up until 3:00 AM the next day. Ouch that hurt. What's worse, I couldn't get back into Marvin's tank to get my stuff floating in it. Security was NOT very understanding of my dilemna. Ah well.. I guess for good reason.

Marvin, thanks for the endless supply of beers under the big top.
Moe, Joe, Ron, Doug, Paul, Mike..hell ... all of you. Thanks. Thanks for the great job and thanks for the great company.

Special shout out to Emily and the rest of her staff/colleagues. All week long, you were there to answer our questions and point us in directions...all with a smile. I was heartbroken to see the smiles fade Saturday night/Sunday morning. Again, I've been to many different shows and need to tell you all that you did a wonderful job. You should be proud to be part of MACNA history. You sure helped BRS to feel proud. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!!

I had a blast at MACNA BRS... y'all done good.

David

Tiki Bar

Don't know what happened there Friday night, but we saw the results as they came off the boat! (JoeFitz, you are a TROOPER!)
We hit there Sat. night...nice little bar, reasonable prices on the drinks.

Joe do you remember anouncing to all of bBoston that you wanted to get ....well Propigate?
More than once ?....LOL your a riot bud!

hey all. there was and is alot of backlash from alot of people who literally feed on negativity, some justified some not. remember, the nightly news shows get better ratings when more bad things happen than good, part of human nature and reality. But I also read alot of great comments from many which is were I want to reside.

the good thing about 'our' macna was it was a great show (once you got past the drama). I was in Kentucky and this show was a h@ll of alot better for those who concentrated on the show and not the politics or the BS that built up along the way.

I remember a year ago, alot of us talked about the 'vision' of the show. sit back and think, most of it happen. unfortunately alot of dead bodies and friendships were wasted along the way. There is alot of finger pointing in either direction and alot can stick in alot of directions. We must move on and hopefully make the BRS what it was - a vibrate club that wanted the things listed in the mission statement. Nobody can win and alot was lost.

We have a great community of reefers. We had alot who helped along the way, some sporadic, some spent hours and hours to put this show on. Its easy to criticize and do the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" but many didnt get involved nor spoke up and let things happen even though there was disagreement.

The show went on and it was great. I had a great time and it was great spending quality time with people with my own interest. Thanks to the Ron, Rob, Emily, Marvin, the BOD, and all the volunteers, and I must mention Paula and Karl and Jim (who couldn't make it), you guys busted your a** to make this happen in our back yard.

To those who weren't professional (at times), and made it personal (you know who you are), you get to live with it along with the fact you let the club down as a whole. I thank you for participating and at the same time want to slap you off the head.

Lets move on, its all we can do, and get back to enjoying our hobby and enjoying each others company. Life is to short.

ed

I still think someone slipped me a mickey... ;-)

Anyone having any information about what actually happened that night is encouraged to drop me a PM. And no, Marco, I can't say I recall those events but I do that regularly even when sober so I can't say it surprises me. :->

joe, after we got rid of the clowns, the monkeys, and the funny looking guy with the 2 goats and a yak, everything was normal....

BTW, we had a great time at MACNA....many thanks and kudo's to everyone who was involved. It was nice to sit in a lecture with Julian Sprung! We have already booked for next year in D.C.! Anyone for a convoy?

To Members of the B.R.S.

I hope none of you mind that I am posting on your forum,
Overall it was a GREAT weekend. Considering I got about 17 hours sleep in three days. Everything was not PERFECT, but what is? People are subjective, that's their nature. I have loved resorts where I have stayed, others hated them. And from what I have heard and know, alot of the negative speculation, is WAY OFF. I treat people the way I expect them to treat me. And I can say I was treated very well by EVERYONE I met, that was involved with the conference. From what I saw and that was not enough, Boston was a beautifull city and I hope to go back and see more.

So I want to personally THANK all of you BOSTON REEF SOCIETY members that worked so very hard to put this years MACNA on. After last year and this past weekend, Joe, Moe I think you are really great guys and would be proud to tell anyone I know you and consider you friends. Like I said, Joe you and Jess come to Dallas, you have a place to stay. I think you have a bunch of great people in the club and would join in a minute, if I lived there.
?To the hard working members of the club, a quote, "Focus on your character, not your reputation. Your reputation is what people think of you, your character is who you are".

And I will add, I would be the first one to sign up, if you ever hold another MACNA.
;)
Thanks Again

I didn't realize this MACNA thread was still open...

I spent three days at MACNA, and I would just like to second what Ed has said. He summed up things better than I tried to on our RC forum (remember that thing?).

Sadly, I learned (after the fact) about the drama, and am deeply regretful that it happened. However, I found MACNA XVI to be a wonderfully executed performance, and heard that it was on a grander scale than all previous MACNAs, especially considering none of the volunteers, who worked themselves to the bone, were professional conference organizers.

Thank you BRS for all your hard work,

Matt:cool:

And by the way, I'm really sick of all the negativity swirling on RC. I take that as nothing more than envy and resentment at our organization. I overheard one MACNA participant at the dinner griping about how we were such a clique (the BRS), and I just wanted to say that just because we have a close organization and you don't is no reason to be all negative, but I didn't.

Matt:cool:

Rickeejb said:
I hope none of you mind that I am posting on your forum

Are you kidding Rickeejb!? Some positive feedback would go a long way right now. I'm glad that our officers and representatives made a good impression with you. I'm glad you enjoyed Boston and MACNA. Thanks and visit us whenever. Just watch out for Joe and Moe.... they have an uncanny way of making you wake with a hangover ;)

Dave

I've finally sobered up from Friday night.

Deciding to back out to drink more after I poured JoeFitz (JoeFish?) on the couch
may be the worst decision I've ever made in my entire life.

I'm sure I had fun, but I only vaguely remember any of it. Needless to say, if anyone owes me drinks, just give them to Joe.

Thanks everyone for a great time. At first me and my husband
thought that we shouldnt go because we wouldnt fit in
We met so many great people. All my corals is doing find that we brought(oh yea im the girl that didnt win anything from the raffle
sitting in the shaded area)
THANKS AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back