One last fish

Aquatic Nerd

(Formerly SeventyTimes7)
BRS Member
Hey guys,
Yesterday I suddenly realized my captive bred yellow tang was missing. Little guy was going great too! It saddens me but I feel like I need to fill that void. Not in any hurry but thinking my options through.
75 gallon 4 ft tank

2 clowns
1 chromis
1 foxface
1 Melanarus
And the golden dwarf eel.

What would you all add?
I kinda want something active....
Maybe a African Midas Blenny?

I recently got one of the bred in captivity Shark nosed gobies from Live Aq.
I was worried that it would be small and lame like a freshwater neon.....but it is very cool.
Constantly out and about.....perching on corals. Nice blue and yellow color.

Not sure if it would be consumed by a dwarf eel.

Hey guys,
Yesterday I suddenly realized my captive bred yellow tang was missing. Little guy was going great too! It saddens me but I feel like I need to fill that void. Not in any hurry but thinking my options through.
75 gallon 4 ft tank

2 clowns
1 chromis
1 foxface
1 Melanarus
And the golden dwarf eel.

What would you all add?
I kinda want something active....
Maybe a African Midas Blenny?

I don’t see a flame angel or coral beauty in there...

Or some cool hawkfish. I like the looks of the Japanese one but had the flame in the past

What are you looking for a swimmer, percher, algae grazer? Flasher?

I had a trio of the zebra gobies before and those things were cool

Oh true how could I forget.... I have a long nose hawkfish too.
I think I want a very active swimmer...maybe I'll go the angel route...but I've never been much into them

Why just one fish? Couple of wrasses firefish, watchman goby and a Blenny with personality.
Trying not to go overboard on the bioload. The eel and clowns alone are messy. The eel would also not enjoy the watchman, or he would but not in a good way lol.
I'm definitely going to atleast get a blenny. Whether it be a tailspot or midas

Forgot about that eel. How big is he? So far so good with fish?
10 or 12 inches. Fine with everything, he is one of three culprits for the missing tang though. I dont know how likely it is that he grabbed it but who knows.
Other 2 options are he died and got cleaned up fast or he was too friendly with the clowns and the nems ate it

Look into lemon / millet butterfly as an open swimmer. They are supposed to be "reef safe" and so far I find that to be true with mine (granted I have just gorgonians, zoas, shrooms, and softies at the moment).

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back