Online Ordering

dylan_maillet

Non-member
What’s a trust worthy website you guys have used to order fish before? And how do I know the fish will be alive when it gets here? No fish stores other than petco are within 30 mins of me. Plus I tend to see fish cheaper online anyway. Located in Leominster, MA if there’s any stores closer to me that I should know about, also please let me know!

I would just post what I’m looking for in the market place but as of right now I don’t really know what I’m looking for. Still trying to price it out :)

I would suggest holding off for warmer temperatures. Even with the best packaging, mail order is sketchy right now. Shipping tends to be pretty expensive, especially if you want Saturday delivery.

I have had decent luck with the divers den section of liveaquaria.com. tsm Aquatics sells fully quarantined fish and that is a fantastic bet.

I've used many places including LiveAquaria.com, thatpetplace.com, battlecorals.com, pacificeastaquaculture.com just to name a few. I also have a couple of LFS in CA that I get fish from. It's best to get a picture or video of the livestock you're ordering.
I think it's better for you to find what you're looking for, ask the forum about that place or do a little search on that place before you place the order.
For the most part, overnight shipment of livestock is not a problem. I've received boxes from other members all over the country and as long as they pack it good and UPS does their job, it's not a problem.
Recently, with the shortage of workers, UPS has been hit or miss. I've have had packages came in online, 24hrs delay and even 96hrs delay. 48hrs is usually okay if they pack it good. But nothing will survive a 96hr shipping.

I would be careful with online ordering until it gets a bit warmer. I had two fedex packages, one from California, one from Florida. Both were delayed, so overnight became second day. The fish from California that were delivered yesterday survived. The ones from Florida that were delivered today were DoA.

I have too. Fresh and Saltwater. Just have a very limited selection and prices tend to be beat out by other places
I wouldn’t say so, as of right now locally petco has the best prices on fish plus you can tell them what fish you want them to order at leominster. Haven’t really done it for fish with them but had them order specific inverts I wanted. Banggai cardinals are cheaper they get biota tangs as well. Hadn’t asked if there banggai cardinals are tank raised or wild caught. However they are half the price of wild then some local shops. I think they may be tank raised for $20. One local shop said $40 for wild, $80 for tank raised. Also $90 for a yellow coris. Petco is a lot cheaper but riskier but if you are quarantining and they do allow pick up before they are out in their tanks as well.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back