Our Families Reef Journal

Picked this up this past weekend.

Just ordered a new light for it as the Elos 150w will not be enough, ordered a Cozumel Sun Pendant with a 250w Hamilton M80 ballast and Radium. Thought of running a 400w but with the research I did there was minimal increase on the Radium when run on a M80 ballast.

So once the light comes in I will be moving the current 57 out of the way so I can start getting this one setup.

I'm just gonna keep the journal of it here seeing everything that is in the 57 will be switched over, maybe ask if I can get the name of the thread changed. Hoping to bring the tank into place middle of next week, just waiting on the light to come in, everything else will be reused from the current 57. There is not much of a build as I got the tank and stand together and did not have to build it. It will probably take two days to fill seeing I only have a 75g RODI system.

I'm just gonna keep the journal of it here seeing everything that is in the 57 will be switched over, maybe ask if I can get the name of the thread changed. Hoping to bring the tank into place middle of next week, just waiting on the light to come in, everything else will be reused from the current 57. There is not much of a build as I got the tank and stand together and did not have to build it. It will probably take two days to fill seeing I only have a 75g RODI system.

It's been 6 days man! I am very interested in your cube build. Water in it? Pics, updates !

Im getting ready to slide the 57 out of the way so we can bring the new tank in tonight and start filling it up. I'm hoping by Sunday to transfer everything over

So moved the 57 gallon over today, brought the 150 in, leveled the tank, hung the light, started plumbing, and oh started filling with RODI. I'm hoping that Sunday I can transfer everything from the 57 over. Man my back is sore already.

Thanks. Well its running a little cloudy right now from the sand. Pics when it's clear.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haven't posted much on this since I made the swap over. Here is a little video I took yesterday during feeding time. Everything is starting to get back to normal, corals that got hit by the haddoni are starting to recover pretty well now. I just about 20lbs of more live rock and also a trio of lyretail anthias since then. I will be adding another 15-20 lbs of rock again in a week or two. Excuse the skimmer sound as I was working on adjusting it a little bit.

[YOUTUBE]8XdEoDIwlms[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Its been a little while so here's an update. I added about another 40lbs of rock, re-did my rocks. I have been battling some GHA, but it was a given as I upped my feeding with the anthias, and I'm working on adjusting my Vinegar Dose along with my water changes. I did use Salinity salt with this tank but I think I am going to switch back to ESV, I just love how consistent that salt is compared to others that I have tried.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back