Our Families Reef Journal

I love it, it has just the space that my haddoni needed. It is opening up to about 20", sadly though with something that big in a confined area I do lose fish hear and there to it.

Thanks, I need to renew my membership, I meant to when they had the "reflections" contest because I had this one but never got around to it.

Haven't update this in a while. Sold the haddoni a while ago. Switched my lighting over to two AI Hydra 52s.

Had a couple months battle with Dinos, finally all gone but now some cyano. Especially since I had to move the powerheads around to give the new gig some proper flow. Will be adding another powerhead very soon. The gig has been in the tank for 3 weeks now.

With all flow off from above

Very nice Matt. Love that gig!
Good choice on ridding of the haddoni for the gig. I had many haddoni including a red one and it was a snail eating machine. I don't have a problem with losing anything with a gig so far.

Last edited:
And a photobomb pic update.

YQEYxAdh.jpg

Awesome build bud, just stumbled upon this. I picked up the same tank 2 weeks ago and have plans for SPS dominant system. Hoping anyway, thanks for sharing.

So with the post above I went back through the thread and it's been a really long time since I updated. Had a significant dino issue which appears to have relinquished, surviving the dinos coral wise is the gold torch, button coral, and the S. Gigantea. The gig lost some size but has completely gained it back. Went back to MH, 400w Ushio 14k (only light I am currently running), saw a big change in the anenome when I went back to the MH. Probably in a month or two I'll start replenishing my corals that I lost with the dinos. Proabably stick with millies and torts as they are my favorites for sps, unless I find a nice ritteri.

I snagged the zebra moray from Manny a while ago, will need to get a feeding time video when I hand feed him shrimp, scallops on the other hand aren't long enough for me to trust him with. He'll take a full jumbo shrimp or 1.5-2 big scallops a day.

Awesome build bud, just stumbled upon this. I picked up the same tank 2 weeks ago and have plans for SPS dominant system. Hoping anyway, thanks for sharing.

I love the dimensions of the tank as far as aquascaping, but its always been a pain with getting flow right without having too many powerheads in the tank. Right now I have 2 MP40s and a Tunze 6105.

Back