Over flows

TJ Reefer

Formerly Known as FishFail
BRS Member
Buying a new 125 should I go with the Column style overflow. Or an Eshopps Eclipse? Feedback Please I'm new and can't figure out which is better.

Unless you have experience with and or are ok with drilling holes in your tank, I'd suggest just buying one reef ready. Also, if you do decide to go "column" style your going to have to be sure that the bottom pane of glass isn't tempered. Otherwise, just go with the eshopps.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Unless you have experience with and or are ok with drilling holes in your tank, I'd suggest just buying one reef ready. Also, if you do decide to go "column" style your going to have to be sure that the bottom pane of glass isn't tempered. Otherwise, just go with the eshopps.

The store I would buy from is drilling the holes for the Eshopps. So it would be professionally done. just curious if one style is better than the other? thanks for the reply.

I've had both throughout the years. Current project I've been working very slowly on over the last few months has a reef savvy overflow box on the short side. Similar to the eshopps one. This allows more real estate so to speak when it comes to aquascaping and coral placement. I'm sure someone here that's awesome ay more experienced will chime in.

I did a glass holes (I think). overflow kit and it was pretty easy. Only regret was placement. I got the 3 inch deep one and it cast a shadow over a good portion of the center of my tank. I would in the future go for the style that the box is behind the tank for easier plumbing and less of an real estate in the tank.

Just looked up eclipse style. Yes I would go with that. Low profile and plumbing in the back. Less elbows to deal with

Maybe sound with the back style. But the three drains on the bottom make it so you have a siphon (low), an overflow (quiet slight drizzle) and an emergency drain above the water line. Should be dead silent. It is called a bean animal style drain. I did it on my 72, won’t ever do a herbie or durso again.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back