Owen 58gallon Build

Owen386

Non-member
Hey fellow reefers,

Been quite busy with other stuff the last year or so and let my tank get away from me. Lost pretty much all coral as nuisance algae took over.
I am starting over and over the past couple weeks/month I have been building pieces to my new reef. I have also slowly been removing live rock and scrubbing clean and keeping in and empty Rubbermaid with water movement and heat. My new tank which I acquired on hear from a fellow reefer is a 58gallon 36"x18

Most notable change is I decided to switch over to LED I will be running 3 ai primes with 2 t-5`s

Well the day has come and as I write this I`m in the middle of emptying my 75 gallon. This time around I decided to set up a temp 20 gallon for my fish and remaining corals and boy am I glad I did making it run alot smoother, currently all corals and fish (and one unexpected crab) are in the 20 gallon expect the dam goby knew he would be the harderst probally in the sand some where. rocks will all be going in a rubbermaid

So wish me luck pics to follow.

It's always something lol
Was it in the sand?
Make sure to take progress shots on the new setup!

Alright y So took me about 8 hrs with breaks etc....

got to bed at like midnight with tank in place plumbed running and filled.
Fish are in 20 gallon temp tank holding steady eating etc.. performing a little WC tonight to keep ammonia in check.

still left to do:

cut my 48" canopy down to 36" and hang 3 AI PRIMES
get my friend that said hes taking my old tank to TAKE it before my GF kills me! LMAO
purchase a skimmer. suggestions ?

realized I had some beautiful show piece rocks I was using as base rock....

CAM00134.jpg
OLD UGLY TANK IN THE MIDDLE OF BEING EMPTIED
CAM00135.jpg
THIS GUY JUMPED OUT AT ME WHILE REMOVING SOME ROCK WHY
I LOVE THIS HOBBY HAVE NOT SEEN THIS GUY IN A COUPLE YEARS
CAM00136.jpg
HOW IT SITS AFTER 20 HOURS STILL PRETTY CLOUDY
CAM00137.jpg
CAM00138.jpg
HOW I WOULD HAVE THIS ROOM SET UP IF I WAS SINGLE LOL
CAM00141.jpg
THE DRAIN IS LEAKING A LITTLE LUCKILY ITS RIGHT INTO THE SUMP
THIS IS NOT FINAL NEED TO MAKE A TRIP TO HD

Attachments

• CAM00140.jpg
    CAM00140.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 516
looking at the pictures everything is still pretty messy I have a lot of finish work to do please look past that. Cant wait to post a pics of some eye candy!

The new tank and stand look sharp.

Cute little crab. Amazing how critters can be present but unseen for so long.

little update

Good morning all happy Weekend Thank god!

So things have cleared up quite nicely finally. All rock/fish/corals back in tank. Canopy is almost done just need to get some trim work to cover my messy wood working skills. Controller hooked up lights/pumps hooked up still need to do the A.T.O and lights for sump. I ran out of plugs! very frustraing trying to figure that one out right now. Have a power strip and my RKL plugged in for a total of 10 would be perfect problem is the god damn wp 15 plugs take up two spots on both the rkl and the power strip!

CAM00141.jpg
CAM00146.jpg
CAM00147.jpg
CAM00150.jpg
CAM00155.jpg

Just a little pic update. Took these Sunday thank god cause right now I`m going through some awful brown diatoms!!(actually you can see some in the back corner of pics) Running with no skimmer right now, new one should be here Friday. Went with a bubble magnus curve 5. Any one using
one?
Got some peppermint shrimp to take care of some aptasia I had left on some rocks that came from my old tank. These guys do work! Had three I could see, 3 days later already gone!

Oh yeah and the whip hit 75,000 thought I would share.

brain.jpg
CAM00199.jpg
carhit75.jpg
frontshot.jpg
fts.jpg
leftrock.jpg

Got a new phone been two years wow the difference in pic quality. Camera picks up exactly what my eyes pick up.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Think my gfo was locking up my alk stopped running it a few months back and my alk is almost back where it needs to be. But my corals tell the real story I have had more grown in the past month then what I have seen in the past 8 months!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back