Paly control

robvy35

Non-member
Thinking about just scraping these paly off the rocks with a razor but wonder if it will hurt any other coral or fish since I can't get the rock out.. I'd run carbon while doing so... The zoa I plan on keeping and will refrag.

Any thoughts?

951e87bfac657e859d7869c0a9f0b93f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Can you take the rock out?
If yes you can peel the pallys off all together if you do it slowly and carefully. It’s tedious but you can get a clean removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful Palytoxin can be dangerous Check this out. Better safe than sorry.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158730:eek:

Wow!
I had heard of zoas being toxic and a good friend of mine actually got some juice squirted from some zoas on his chest while he was fragging with his shirt off and had a crazy allergic reaction that lasted weeks, but I never realized it could be deadly!!
I guess I’ll be wearing gloves and eye protection when fragging from now on. Yikes.

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time you do a water change, pull off about 20 or so palys with a pair of tweezers. Do it before you take the dirty water out, and try to grab them close to the rock. They should just rip off at the base. Make sure you are wearing gloves. Eventually you will have it under control. That's how I got rid of my unwanted infestation and nothing in the tank suffered. If you try to do it outside of the tank, they squirt like crazy. Good luck and be careful.

Every time you do a water change, pull off about 20 or so palys with a pair of tweezers. Do it before you take the dirty water out, and try to grab them close to the rock. They should just rip off at the base. Make sure you are wearing gloves. Eventually you will have it under control. That's how I got rid of my unwanted infestation and nothing in the tank suffered. If you try to do it outside of the tank, they squirt like crazy. Good luck and be careful.
Perfect idea. Thanks for the pro tip.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back