Party in my tank

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
Going back to my old ways and just started dosing vodka again. Need that crystal clear water for these acros ;)

0.1 ml per 25 gallons for the first 3 days
0.2 ml the next 4 days
0.7 ml next week and keep increasing 0.5 per week until you test 0 nitrates then cut the dose in half and that's your start scheduled amount per day

Have you tried RedSea NO3PO4? Ive done Vodka dosing in the past but its such a gradual progress. I now dosed NO3PO4 and its much much quicker. Skimmate can visually verify progress within 2 days. Then again I dont use much per day so cost is for it can justify the positive result yielded. A 500ml bottle lasts me 3 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried it. I did do vodka in my 75 and my 120 years ago but I also ran ozone and my water was crystal clear. Don't know if it was because of the vodka or the ozone

Its got to be the ozone thingy. I dont know much about using ozone in reef tanks but it suppose to be great for removing all the tanning in the water. Vodka dosing is only for nutrient export purpose I think. Cheers...hehe

Have you tried RedSea NO3PO4? Ive done Vodka dosing in the past but its such a gradual progress. I now dosed NO3PO4 and its much much quicker. Skimmate can visually verify progress within 2 days. Then again I dont use much per day so cost is for it can justify the positive result yielded. A 500ml bottle lasts me 3 months or so.

Red Sea No3po4 is 1/3 of vodka and 2/3 of vinegar.
For matter of fact, you can just dose vinegar because that is what bacteria use as food.

So $2 for a gallon in the supermarket is as good as that bottle of NO3PO4.

Thanks Dong. Good to know. Keep the same dosing regiment as NOPOX dosage? I should also do the recommended mixing ratio as well then right?

Here is a vodka dosing chart I found in another forum. Looks to be the same as you state Chris A
f7e4c600ffa114c94634e397172401b2.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I've never dosed vinigar so I can not answer about that LOL!

Here is the chart for vinegar
e21c3aee7a384c9ba0351b10e683399e.png

Ok I'm lost should I be shooting my tank up with vinegar n vodka I think that stuff would give my organisms fetal alcohol syndrome or is that ok

And is the chart in ml ? So week 15 I'm giving my tank two shots of vinegar and8 ml of vodka

You don't have to mix, just use vinegar.

Back