Paul B's thread

Rotary style cell phones lol I'm shocked they don't have one or an app like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Siri on my old phone but when I asked her why the phone doesn't ring she told me "Leave me alone, I have a headache"

Instead of buying a phone, I bought this. It was cheaper and I can just tell it to call someone and it works, no problem. :cool:

So I go to Home Depot for a few things to finish up some Steam Punk projects and re cycle some fluorescent light bulbs. Every time I go there, or better yet, a good Hardware store I have to peruse the hardware aisle. I just like the smell of steel, brass and copper.

As I am walking around, my cell phone rings. I take it out, look at it and see who it is. When I try to answer it, it goes blank. I go to put it away and it comes on again. I go to talk, and it goes blank, I go to put it away and I hear "Beep" and I lost the caller.

So I walk around a little more and decide to call my wife because she wanted me to pick up something and I never pay attention to these things so I forgot what it was.

I call my wife and I hear "Hello". I go to talk and I get "beep" and the thing goes dead.

I call her back and see that she answered, I go to talk and "beep".

"Jesus Mary and Josephine" What the heck is going on? It's like I am in the Twilight Zone stuck in a phone time warp with no way out.

I have been having trouble with this phone but not like this.

My wife calls me back. I say, "My Phone is ............................." and it goes dead. No screen, no noise, nothing.

So I figure the thing is toast and I will have to get a new phone.

I check out and as I am walking to my car, the phone rings. I answer it expecting it to go dead, and it works fine.

I call back my friend and it works fine.

"AHA" It hits me. I think I know what happened. I picked up the stuff I bought in Home Depot, put the phone next to it, and it goes dead.

I bought a cabinet magnet that keeps a door closed. I took out my phone with my right hand and then transfer the phone to my left hand to talk. I just like my left ear better what can I tell you.

My left hand had the magnet in it. I didn't know that when you put the phone next to a magnet, it croaks.

Who Knew!

Haha glad you figured that one out, I'd be heading to get a new phone!
Nice Jeep!

We had some friends on our boat last night for diner and there was a mildew smell in the head (bathroom) I changed the screens on the windows last week and apparently didn't seal the window very tight and the heavy rain we had this week soaked in to all the towels and they got moldy so we had to take everything home to wash. My wife is an extreme fanatic about cleanliness so now we have to go and bleach everything even though it is about 60 degrees and windy.
Anyway, while she is doing that I will collect some grass shrimp which there are thousands around my boat. I probably can't collect amphipods yet because there is no seaweeds yet growing there where they congregate to and I am not going to my collection tide pool today because it is to cold and I don't feel like jumping into 50 degree water.
I also probably won't collect any mud because I don't take that from my marina as those bacteria are always high from PCBs, LSD, Quaaludes, fuel oil, anthrax and now, Clorox. (from my wife's cleaning)
But as soon as it gets back at least into the 70s I can get some mud.

Today I had to do some maintenance because I could use my algae scrubber as a produce stand and my three powerheads are not even putting out enough flow to make a bowlegged pod get out of breath. I haven't changed water in so long that I dropped a net in there and it is still standing up.
So I took off the algae screen and clogged my sink cleaning it. Then I reached in to grab the powerhead and BAM, POW, ZZZZZZZZ, BBBUZZZZzzzz. I am embarrassed to say I got a huge shock. It was so huge it threw me back, out the front door, across the street into the path of a 1967 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser.
OK, I may have ad libbed a little, but I did hit the couch on my knees. Being an electrician (and a real Man) these things don't normally bother me but I did immediately look in the mirror to see if my hair started to grow back. Only out of my nose it seems. There is nothing wrong with my powerhead, the problem is with me. When I built my very cool water cooled LED light fixture I added about 10 bare wires sticking straight up an inch or so that I use as test points in case an LED goes out. But, I know I am not supposed to have one arm in the water while my other arm is touching one of those live wires. My nervous system generally frowns on that sort of thing. As you know, electricians do things in their own homes that we would never do in some one else's house. You should see my panel.
All is well and most of my fish stopped laughing.
I don't need an excuse to post Greta.

Now I am running my Diatom filter. I do this maybe once a year mainly because it is raining so I can't go on my boat. I turned it on and rust shot out all over the place so I know it is working perfectly.
I stirred up my gravel and now the front glass looks like sheet metal so I know it's cleaning like it is supposed to.
All is well.

I may build another Steam Punk anglerfish. I am not sure as I have enough steampunk for the art show in August but once the Steam Punk Bug bites you, you just have to keep going.
This stuff keeps me up at night. I used to think about Supermodels, now I think about Supermodels swimming with Steam Punk fish. I guess its an aging process.
If I build another fish I will make it with more Pizazz.
The Supermodel counselor at the VA told me that building stuff and staying awake is probably part of my PTSD. Who knew!
If I didn't have to sleep I could do this kind of stuff all night. It's kind of a curse. Sort of like reefing.

[

Love it, keep it up, they get cooler and cooler, maybe not get shocked so much tho! Lol

As we age we normally gets aches and pains which are good because they let us know we are still alive. If we didn't feel anything that is because we are dead and no one wants that, or at least no dead people ever complained so we don't know how that experience will be, but most of us will find out in due time.

I have had this backache for about six months. Most people have backaches because we were designed wrong, kind of like seahorses.
I just figured my back ache was a muscle thing, but I am retired and it's not like I have been throwing Supermodels up on my shoulders to impress them. I actually never did that and Supermodels don't weigh enough to hurt your back anyway.
So after the 6 months my back is getting worse and I went to a lung doctor to see if it was a lung thing because it is higher on my back than normal, run of the mill backaches. Luckily, it is not my lungs. The lung guy, (or pulmonologist) said I have so much asbestos in my lungs that I could probably run through a burning house and nothing would happen to me. The asbestos is not affecting me right now because all the Agent Orange in there has it encapsulated which is fine.
He says I need to go to a muscular/skeleton guy.
I need an MRI.

I get an appointment with this Doctor and I like him very much. I bring the MRI and he says, OMG all the nerves in your lumbar region are inflamed and your disks are bulging. That is fairly normal for a guy who worked construction for forty years. I am sure accountants, lawyers, and people who make those little things on the ends of your shoelaces also get this, but I am only talking about me right now, let them write their own story.

(By the way, This story is going to be very anticlimactic as nothing exciting is going to happen. I figured I would mention that in case you don't want to read any more.)

He says he thinks he can fix this, temporarily anyway, but I will have it for the rest of my life. At my age, that will probably not be that long anyway so I am not worried.
He wants to stick needles in my spine and inject me with Grand Marnier. Or something that sounds very much like that. If that doesn't work, he will stick me with a larger dose and if that doesn't work, a larger dose. I said, why not stick me with the whole bottle of the stuff right away and forget about all the Sissy stuff in between. Maybe you can force it in there with a funnel and a plunger.
He didn't like that idea because I would imagine, this way he can charge my insurance three or four times. I also don't think he knew what a plunger was.
Anyway, if that doesn't work, he will give me an epidural, like they give pregnant ladies. I don't feel pregnant and I thought that was only a temporary pain thing for the Mother but what do I know!
I will let you know how it goes, I may enjoy the journey.
(I told you it was anticlimactic)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back