Paul B's thread

We will be discussing how the hobby started (I was there, I think it started on a Tuesday about 2 or 2:15)
Ways to keep your fish healthy forever.
How to get your fish immune from diseases.
Old school ways to do things that today are forgotten because they are free.
How to target feed so you can keep all sorts of weird fish.
And the care of Supermodels.

I am not sure if any Supermodels will be free that day, even though I know they really love fish Geek talks. But I will bring this truckload of pods to give out.

depending on attendance , and how many people actually want to .... I may have a BBQ after the meeting . since I am like 10 minutes from there

Do you still have that watch? I remember having a watch with a wide band like that back then. Made me feel tough. Lol

The watch, the hair, the 6 pack abs. Yes I still have it all. In my dreams of course, but I still got it. :cool:

The watch didn't make me feel tough, but this did!

Hats off to you paulb and your service, that is a great pic, what year/location?

And all along I thought it was the tank that got you all the supermodels. All this time you've been packin a big projectile.

Who said the supermodels were female? ?

Or human...

f9bfe0532660f50f9072019261fcbaea.jpg

S_Kelly, that was on a small LZ on the Cambodian border with Viet Nam, or in Cambodia in 1970. I made that magazine on my M-16. That is the only 30 round M-16 magazine you will ever see and I think it saved my life.

Choff. I think it was the Supermodels. In my mind anyway.

Cstmpprl. I guess Supermodels can be any sex, but I only think of them as female. That's only me of course as my wife thinks like you. :confused:
I once worked a Victoria Secret photo shoot at the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan (I was the electrician foreman) I wanted to "help" put the wings on the models, but I couldn't reach their shoulders as they are all like 8' tall.
I was also the foreman for Penthouse Magazine office and studio and re built the New York Playboy Club and was there for 2 years. I would have worked those jobs for free but they insisted on paying me.

Last edited:
I have a few pictures from then. Not my favorite year.

This guy walked out of the jungle and stayed with me and ate rats for a few weeks.

Paul is the real deal still runs the old school undergravel filter system. I have chatted with him in one of my FB aquarium groups when I firs started. He is one smart guy. I got to make this one!

Last edited:
Some monkeys are Supermodels. Judy here was always taking stuff out of my pockets, usually crackers from C Rations. She would also drink beer, get drunk and fall down. She was a real lush.
You wouldn't want to keep one of these in your house. In 10 minutes you would have to sell the place.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back