Paul B's thread

jamesdong009

Anthony
:) Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members (family friendly environment) :)

The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be on: Saturday, September 17th, 2016 noon to 4:00pm with Paul Baldassano.

The location is: Peabody VFW 20 Stevens St. Peabody, MA 01960

Paul Baldassano (Paul B)
Topic – TBA

This hobby has been a lifelong passion of Paul’s for over 60 years. Not many can say this, but Paul first started his reef tank in 1971. That first tank has gone through many changes and has grown much larger, but it is still running today! His reef has been a continuing experiment where he offers these beautiful creatures the best possible living conditions outside their natural habitat.

Paul has spent his life searching for answers and it normally occupies much of his time even when he should be sleeping. One of these answers came in the form of the Majano Wand, which has helped many reefers overcome these pests.

As a retired electrician, Paul keeps himself busy by writing aquarium articles, speaking at reef clubs, and working on his projects – many of which involve marine life in one form or another.

Meeting schedule:

**All topics and times subject to change at any time**

Meeting schedule: Noon - 4pm
12:00-12:30 Meet & Greet / Membership Registration
12:30-1:00 Q&A if interest (Psst! Old school reefers, civic duty calls!)
1:00-2:30 Speaker presentation
2:30-3:00 Food, raffle
3:00-4:00 on Fragswap mayhem/socializing/meeting cleanup

Water testing will be available for this meeting as well as Fish Goo!

There will be many great raffle prizes offered up to support the club by our sponsors and members. Items will be posted as we get closer to the meeting date.

**AS USUAL, THERE WILL BE A KIDS ACTIVITY TABLE**

Also this is our 1st meeting in this hall. A large turnout suggests to the BOD that it should be used again

Peabody eh? I know a few shops semi-local to there that should show up for the frag swap ::cough:: Unique, LTR, Exquisite ::cough::!!!

Peabody eh? I know a few shops semi-local to there that should show up for the frag swap ::cough:: Unique, LTR, Exquisite ::cough::!!!

As far as I know Jimmy is offline and store front is closed and Brandon closed his doors (UA) this past weekend.

Last edited:
As far as I know Jimmy is offline and store from is closed and Brandon closed his doors (UA) this past weekend.

Just looked into it and you are correct on both. Such a sad thing to see. I guess reefing isn't popular in New England anymore. =\

Sorry to go off topic. Anyways!!! Lots of great BRS MEMBERS! in that area that tend to have great stuff for sale. I'll see about trying to make it up that way depending on if I get my new car by then (long story... lol)

Just looked into it and you are correct on both. Such a sad thing to see. I guess reefing isn't popular in New England anymore. =\

Sorry to go off topic. Anyways!!! Lots of great BRS MEMBERS! in that area that tend to have great stuff for sale. I'll see about trying to make it up that way depending on if I get my new car by then (long story... lol)

Specialty pets shops were never a forgiving business to enter into. I am sure both will be back in time.

Been Waiting for a meeting, a little bit of a drive but that never stopped me before.

count me in!! I have been reading threads / comments and articles from Paul B. I actually cant wait to meet him and I bringing Q's with me for the Q/A session!

Thanks!
Neptune

Yay meetings again! Hopefully will be able to get the time to drive up there! Started a food truck this summer and have to check if someone booked us yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back