Peninsula question

Leadfootedracer

Non-member
In the process of building a 40b peninsula. Livestock will consist of primarily zoas, and a pair of clowns. I will probably add more fish, but I’m still early in the build so i am not super focused on that list yet.

The back wall of the peninsula will be a foam rock wall, and i will come off of that down the center of the tank with LR. There will be passages thru the dividing LR wall, with plenty of room for swimming, hiding, and flow.

I am currently setting this up with a Mag5 return pump that is Teed into dual returns. I am looking for power head recommendations.

I originally had my eyes on 2 TUNZE 6040’s, but I’m wondering if that’s going to be too much. Any and all power heads will be on the back wall, masked by the foam rock wall. Would 2 TUNZE 6020’s be sufficient? Need some pointers here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go with the larger ones. TZune’s can be dials back. This way if you need the extra you will have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 always go with over powered and tune down if need be...

Unless there's a physical size difference, always go with the more powerful one and control it down.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back