Peristaltic pump recommendations?

Armando

v 4.0
My aqualifter died i need to replace it with something more reliable. Any experiences with the new Aquamedic peristaltic pumps? Any other ones that are reliable and not noisy?

Armando, I'm probably the only one that has had trouble with the Aquamedic pumps, but I've gone through two of them in a matter of a few months and would not recommend them to anyone. They simply died - stopped turning. And the neoprene hose on one of them failed and I had a slight flood. I replaced them with aqualifter pumps months ago and haven't had any problems. For $10 each, just buy a few for backup.

wow two in a row is not a good record. are you using the aqualifter with kalk? the problem i'm running into is that kalk sometimes doesn't dissolve 100% and the aqualifter tubing is very small. i have another pump with a larger diameter tubing that works great, i wish i could find another one for sale.

I use the aqualifters for kalk, calc and alk. I store my kalk in a 55g drum with an egg crate shelf about 4" from the bottom. I tie wrapped the tubing to the top of the egg crate shelf so it can't get into the thick kalk solution at the bottom of the barrel. I use the RO tubing. It's never clogged once.

I use an aqualifter for kalk. I have a rigid piece of airline tubing that has a hook on one end, like a cane shape. I put this in the bucket hook side down so that as I pump kalk from the bucket the suction end of the airline is always about 2 inches from the bottom of the bucket.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back