pH Meter - Hanna

I have to agree with Dong on the VantaKool. I also am a lab and gadget geek (run clinical and commercial GMP pharma lab, but never get to 'play' in the lab anymore; so I bring it home :) )

I wouldn't suggest overspending for pH pen probe. At $15, with ATC and X.XX resolution, you can't beat that. I also have had models from Oakland and HM digital and they are just as good as the Vanta.

However, if you ever go down the road of a monitoring/controller with in-tank pH, I would lean towards the lab-grade probe.

I have to agree with Dong on the VantaKool. I also am a lab and gadget geek (run clinical and commercial GMP pharma lab, but never get to 'play' in the lab anymore; so I bring it home :) )

I wouldn't suggest overspending for pH pen probe. At $15, with ATC and X.XX resolution, you can't beat that. I also have had models from Oakland and HM digital and they are just as good as the Vanta.

However, if you ever go down the road of a monitoring/controller with in-tank pH, I would lean towards the lab-grade probe.

Hi Matt,

I am also in Pharma - GCP :)
I am not convinced with the 15 dollar probe but if you guys say so, I will give it a chance. At some point will go over to a controller but just not yet as it is not necessary for my nano.

Thanks!

G

By the way how do you store it? Don't you use KCl Solution for Storage?

Hi Matt,

I am also in Pharma - GCP :)
I am not convinced with the 15 dollar probe but if you guys say so, I will give it a chance. At some point will go over to a controller but just not yet as it is not necessary for my nano.

Thanks!

G

Understood, although, with calibration and buffer check that meets +/- 0.05 (USP <791> criteria), it gets my vote. Storage in KCl solution is best practice, but many people don't especially with pens.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back