Photographic journal of my new Rimless 120G Cadlights tank- Higor

Thanks, I took out a lot of rock to open up the tank. I like this look a lot better. It still a work in progress.

I built a new equipment cabinet which I still have to set up. Right now the tank has been running for almost 6 months on just an sump (nothing in it just water running through it for water volume), return pump, Skimmer, Carbon/GFO reactor, Light, 2 MP40s and a Jebao RW15. If you notice I took the MP40s and changed them to the back of the tank and because of that and the different Aqua Escape I had to supplement with the Jebao.

It's been tough getting everything back online with my work schedule and laziness so far :)

sump.JPG

Last edited:
what are the control-ability that the Sun Diuna offers that you cant find it in other T5?
ATI sunpower dimmable allows you to dim from 1% -99% at a 16 different setting of the day on each channel.
The ATI dimmable only comes with a single powercord and a build in LED screen for settings.

Tell me more about the Sun Diana that offer more control-ability than that so I can compare and possibly dump my ATI to switch over to the mighty Sun Diuna.

thanks
Good eye :)

After a lot of debate I decided to go back to T5s. I bought a Pacific Sun Diuna 8x 54W about a month ago. I couldn't find the control-ability the Diuna offers in any other T5 fixtures in the market right now. I think I got spoiled with the way you can control LED fixture and couldn't see my self going back to using timers on a T5 fixture :cool:

Believe it or not I already see a big difference difference on my SPS. I did LEDs for almost to 3 years, but went back to T5s since I have a lot more SPS now.

Higor

Hi vedau, it's been a while but here we go...

It's been a while since the move and I can finally say things are looking up :) I changed the Aquascape quite a bit allowing for more swimming space for the fishes. Also had to build an equipment rack which now sits next to the tank.

this2.JPG

this.JPG

controller.JPG

this3.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a Video...

[video=youtube;85A2oDtgj-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85A2oDtgj-o[/video]

I finally need a doser, so after alot of thinking and advice from a close reef friend I am adding this bad boy...

doser.JPG

Last edited:
Ooh now that is a cool gadget, how ya liking it? Love the rimless tank

Yeah, looks pretty good. The programming looks a little intimidating when you first bring it up, but it is pretty simple and easy to get it going,I was surprised. It's actually kind of cool, I haven't added any exciting hardware to my system in a while.

By the way, I think we both like rimless my friend, your tank is cool as ice :)

Last edited:
I like the new look Higor. Do you feel being active in the club helped influence the changes you made?

I like the new look Higor. Do you feel being active in the club helped influence the changes you made?

Thanks Chris. Being active and getting new toys and changing things around!

I know our summers aren't that long and we all get busy and sometimes neglect our tanks, but I have been doing that since my move last October so it was about time I picked up the slack and did something.

I haven't paid as much attention as I should to the tank and been somewhat absent from the club this year partially do to work, summer and my tank not looking as good as I like it, but its been long enough and I am back :)

Awesome chalices

Thanks man, I have been contemplating selling the Miami Hurricane because its getting TOO BIG for my tank. It's about 10 -11 inches in diameter at this point :)

I am planing a nice Aquascape change the next few days, less Rock, MORE Caves/Overhangs :tongue:

Nice , I have to get myself motivated to change everything around and consolidate down to one tank , but everything is doing so well I don't want to mess with it lol

Nice , I have to get myself motivated to change everything around and consolidate down to one tank , but everything is doing so well I don't want to mess with it lol

I hear you dude, not to sound cocky (not even near it) but I have been in the hobby long enough that making changes to my liking (even though I might stress some corals) with in reason is fair game.

Might lose something here or there but the overall result is what gets me going, dyeing corals is just part of the evolving surroundings like in the wild. . It's just circle of life and keeps the spark going! :)

Higor

Out of my Reef Slumber....

I have neglected my tank the past year... Hmmmm...no more. What is better way than kicking up ur addiction with a BIG SPENT :) New toys kind'a tickles my fancy..... Doing a lighting overhaul, DID alot of Aquas caping the past few years, and redoing new stand before I get my place in a couple years :)

Well, at least I am being hopeful :drunk:

Higor

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back