Please advice electrical issue!

maybe look into hybrid option. I run reef breeders photon with T5 hybrid 24” deep. can’t afford radions here[emoji23]
4cbcd0bba0a567d2e8c248f9c80d365f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im def looking into a setup like this

this is my DIY version but thinking about getting the aquatic life T5 fixture setup in the future.[emoji23]

My acros love the T5 which I run for an hour at peak. so lamp replacement is much less frequent

Bulb cost is what leads me to not go 100% t5

If you use ATI bulbs, they last for 18 months or more.
If you use Hamilton bulbs, good luck lasting 8 months and they actually burnt out within a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe look into hybrid option. I run reef breeders photon with T5 hybrid 24” deep. can’t afford radions here[emoji23]
4cbcd0bba0a567d2e8c248f9c80d365f.jpg

aRE THOSE BETTER THAN t-5 HYBRID SETUP?

probably not but so far they are working fine. If i go aquatic life it has to be hung from above

probably not but so far they are working fine. If i go aquatic life it has to be hung from above

I'm asking because i have the Aquatic life t-5 hybrid fixture but havent put it together yet and that was to go on my future 130dt

I'm asking because i have the Aquatic life t-5 hybrid fixture but havent put it together yet and that was to go on my future 130dt

I am sure you will love it I have read nothing but good things about running that as a hybrid setup. BRS just did a video on it.

Hey reefer friends! I thought this was ok but apparently not. I realized during peak time yesterday all of my lights (2 250watt radium's) and my 3 300 watt heaters were on yesterday and I woke up to smell this.

Very glad my home didn't burn down but I would like that you nicely tell me what to do correctly. I'm not an electrician and assumed because I was using an APC surge protector this wouldn't happen. The breaker didn't pop ether. Should I break up the two old school AC tunzes on their own outlet, then my reeflo hybrid on its own outlet, then my EB8, which has the MH/heaters, on its own outlet, and then both DC pumps and ATO on another?

Yes they were all on one outlet and I included the pictute of the other end of the cord. Again please be nice as clearly I did something stupid and I get that.

I just need the community to point me towards the safest solution to avoid this again. I do very much appreciate you all and try very hard in all I do. I hope to see some good constructive criticism coming my way.

Also I wanted to add three black box LED units and one more large DC pump for a backup skimmer so also keep that in mind.

My tank is a 220 display, 65 gallon sump/frag tank and a 40 gallon frag tank.

Equipment breakdown at a glance:
-2 250 watt MH radium's (running opposite of each other since they're on 2 different tanks)
-3 300 watt heaters (one in each box of water)
2 Tunze AC pumps 7240.27
-autoaqua ato/awc
-apex classic with eb8 for heater/light control

Want to add:
-2 black box LED's
-one more large DC pump

How did you make out figuring everything out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How did you make out figuring everything out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Great!! I'll have to post picts I've got the frag tank almost up and online now. Took my bashsea offline in favor for a bigger skimmer, driven by a DC pump and replaced my MH with led units! Moved it two three breakers and I'm just using heavy duty extension cords now but I'll be getting nice metal power strips soon! Thanks for checking in!!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back