Please advice electrical issue!

that seems scary! if this breaker just feeds outlets it should only be a 15 or 20a circuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok so I am an idiot.... The 60 double feeds the generator panel which has 15 & 20 amp breakers....

Attachments

• IMG_20190925_205126.jpg
    IMG_20190925_205126.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 187
Thank you friends I'm going to spend tomorrow hunting all these outlets!! When I have extra frags I'll remember you!

wattage for the 2 tunze pumps?
wattage for ato system
wattage for anything else plugged in.
Those power strips are rated for 15amps between all the outlets be carefully plugging one power strip into another. At the end of the day I think its a loose outlet situation made worse by overloading that one outlet. Newer cord ends and power strip should do it. That panel is pretty new and wirering is probably ok. If your worried pm me and I'll talk u threw the other chevks to make sure ur safe.

Libraries have "kill-a-watt" meters that can be check out, and will measure the actual current each device is drawing vs. going off the data sheet. Goodnow Library in Sudbury has two, so I suspect the other libraries have them as well.

Most surge protectors are protecting against transient line Voltage surges, so I would not rely on them for over current protection. I would expect them to be designed to fail open, but you never know.

The fact none of the breakers popped is a concern, so salt creep is possible, but your pictures show a fairly "clean looking" connection. You don't want to know how some of mine have looked like over the years.

Libraries have "kill-a-watt" meters that can be check out, and will measure the actual current each device is drawing vs. going off the data sheet. Goodnow Library in Sudbury has two, so I suspect the other libraries have them as well.

Most surge protectors are protecting against transient line Voltage surges, so I would not rely on them for over current protection. I would expect them to be designed to fail open, but you never know.

The fact none of the breakers popped is a concern, so salt creep is possible, but your pictures show a fairly "clean looking" connection. You don't want to know how some of mine have looked like over the years.
The breakers didnt pop cause the amp draw wasnt higher than rating. 80% chamce it was just loose plug leading to thermal break down. Happens to even us electricians. Although this may have been made worse by the power head cord wicking salt water to the plug end. Drip loop and all

Attachments

• 1569499916347661308298125034370.jpg
    1569499916347661308298125034370.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 206
(Insurance thing)Wiering is not a hobby. People with little or no exsperience should not be getting involved in electrical project. Mistakes do cause fire. Im not advising anyone conduct maitance or installation activities that isnt liesenced by mass stae board. lol

(Insurance thing)Wiering is not a hobby. People with little or no exsperience should not be getting involved in electrical project. Mistakes do cause fire. Im not advising anyone conduct maitance or installation activities that isnt liesenced by mass stae board. lol

Tru That!

You should be fine nobody is actually directing to do or is doing electrical. Like you said existing panel and wiring looks pretty good in pictures. I think it all comes down to the means and methods which showerd used to plug in all his equipment to mfg. cords and plug strips. As long as you do not direct anyone to do any real electrical work which falls under our NFPA70 guidelines I think you will be okay[emoji16]. The only thing which was said here is that it could have been a loose connection in the plugstrip and advised to review his means an methods for a safer way to plug in his equipment as the way which was done was advised is an unsafe way currently. I totally get that we live in a now sue happy world and we all have to look out for each other in the trades. Happy Reefing[emoji226]

Is this correct? 5.5 amp x2 for the ballast?
de20976181fd604d7b7c7dd599d57e08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this correct? 5.5 amp x2 for the ballast?
de20976181fd604d7b7c7dd599d57e08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this ballast have 2 outputs on it? if soI am guessing yes. 5.5a each output. the lamp is 2A alone without ballast contribution

Does this ballast have 2 outputs on it? if soI am guessing yes. 5.5a each output. the lamp is 2A alone without ballast contribution

Yes it is a dual output ballast. I run them at opposing times though. But I am looking into LED lights today (if you got any black boxes or anything you think could help def pm me)

Yes it is a dual output ballast. I run them at opposing times though. But I am looking into LED lights today (if you got any black boxes or anything you think could help def pm me)

So ballast contribution is 3.5A (as dz6t had noted) and lamp is 2A =5.5A for each output. I would not plug that into a cheap plugstrip. that’s a potential of almost a dedicated circuit alone if by chance were on together.

So ballast contribution is 3.5A (as dz6t had noted) and lamp is 2A =5.5A for each output. I would not plug that into a cheap plugstrip. that’s a potential of almost a dedicated circuit alone if by chance were on together.

Yea Im looking at alternative lighting options. Its just a pain in this case because I have a 220 display that its flippin deep.

maybe look into hybrid option. I run reef breeders photon with T5 hybrid 24” deep. can’t afford radions here[emoji23]
4cbcd0bba0a567d2e8c248f9c80d365f.jpg

Back